Part 69 War

Somewhere among the muggles in the outskirts of London, late at night you were sat down on a public bench reading the magic newspaper when you saw the massive letters spelling "Minister declared DEAD"; as you read more into it you noticed that you know who has been accused of the murder.

"Of course.." - you whispered to yourself.

You noticed that the moral scars caused by the imprisonment in Azkaban have been slowly fading. Of course, you still felt bitter towards James and Sirius, but you realized how much you actually missed Lily. Your whole story didn't make any sense. You started off with a mission but ended up simply living and staying in the deadline. And even though the dark lord was now vulnerable to love, he was yet to show any signs of a change and so far he hasn't.

You remember the days you looked and Molly and could see Fred. When you looked at Lily you saw Harry. They were yet to come into the world and the dark lord is yet to murder and cause one of the most life changing events ever to happen. With Alice and Frank already fallen in love, as well as Molly and Arthur married, how much time before Lily and James were to marry?

They of course have been very low key about their relationship and you knew that, but you also knew it was there. 

You were losing time and you were losing the grip of Tom. He's still been murdering and torturing for the power.

Sometimes when you were thinking of the huge responsibility on your shoulders, you felt yourself slipping. Some nights were restless and now all the deaths were like blood stained into the flesh of your hands.

<BOOM> - a massive explosion has interrupted your peaceful reading. 

Hundreds, then thousands of screaming people began to ran away from the exploding shopping center. You looked up at the sky and that's when it started pouring with hooded, flying figures.

"MORSMORDRE!" - you heard a man shout, before seeing a massive, dark mark erupt into the sky

The dark lord has declared a war with muggles!

That wasn't supposed to happen. Not at this time.

You saw one hooded figure pour after another being led by flashing, green lightning that bounced from one muggle to another. After each innocent body fell, you could hear a faint laughter coming from the slaughterer. 

In front of you, you noticed an old couple get trapped by four death eaters. The couple held onto each other dearly, as they expected each other to be the last thing they see before they die. When their shaking bodies grasped onto one another, they closed their eyes watching the death eaters smirk and lift their wands in an attempt to murder.

"NO!" - you screamed, grabbing their attention "Stupefy!" - you successfully managed to stun one of the death eaters before he could kill the old couple. Then the other three began to direct spells towards you. Each one you managed to deflected, stepping backwards, almost losing your balance due to the amount of spells being thrown at you. When woosh, you twirled your wand in the air, summoning a massive ball of air to spin at the direction of your wand before it briefly turned into a small tornado. You directed the spell at the three death eaters, wiping them off balance before another death eater appeared from behind you, but before he could kill you with the curse, you managed to hit him with the disarming spell.

Unfortunately, you weren't able to save everyone. You could see muggles from one end to another get murdered. 

Another small problem - the aurors were coming. And not just them.

You soon enough saw the white smoke begin to overthrow the darkness - the order was here. One of the members casted a spell that demolished the dark mark from the sky. But at an ease for your heart, you watched muggles get saved.

You thought that the death eaters would begin to retreat but no - they stood their ground and began to fight the order, which was clearly outnumbered. However, the order had a greater quality in their numbers. 

You took cover where noone could see you and watched Lily land not too far away from you along with James whom she kissed before they both went their separate ways to fight the death eaters. When James was out of sight, you decided to sneak out of the cover towards the ginger friend.

"Lily!" - you shouted at her, immediately catching her smile and locking eyes with her. But as she began to rush towards you instead of the enemy, you saw a death eater appear from her behind and before you could warn her or say anything, the death eaters blasted a spell directly at her back, sending her flying to the nearest brick wall.

You gasped before setting the eater on fire and sprinting to Lily. You shook her now wounded face, she wasn't budging. You checked her pulse - oh thank god, she was still alive.

When you were about to pick her up and with all your might carry her away from the war-zone, you saw Sirius Black about 10 feet away from you, clenching onto his wand.

"Let her go." - he said

"I'm trying to help her!" - worried sick of her health, you screamed at Sirius

"You're not escaping this time, <y/n>!" - he aimed his wand at you whilst you've been trying to hold Lily up, with her arm placed around your shoulders so you could teleport away with her.

"This is ridiculous, she needs help!" - you shrieked "Let me go this once!"

but before you could say any more, you saw Remus land right next to Sirius and he too, lifted up his wand and aimed directly at you.

It's hard to watch your friends become your enemy.