Part 53 Evil Within

"There, there..." - alone in your shared female Gryffindor bedroom, you sat on your bed petting your snake "Hungry, aren't you?" - you took the white rabbit from its cage, its paws wiggled mid air as it yelped out a little sound "Calm down" - you softly stroke its fur as you lowered it directly in front of the snake, which immediately hissed and dashed towards the rabbit, beginning a chace.

"Ah, you demon!" - Freshly entered Lily caught the sprinting rabbit, saving it from the snake's venom. She hissed at the slithering predator before kicking it with her boot

"Ah!" - you yelled, launching yourself at the poor snake "Lily!"

"What? That predator was going to eat it!" - she calmed down the fearful noises the rabbit was making "Were you going to let it happen?"

"I just wanted to study its survival instincts. You know. For my homework?" - you grabbed the snake from the floor and wrapped it around yourself

"Doesnt sound like you. Even for homework, it's not something you would usually do." - Lily's face shone with concern "Are you feeling alright?"

"Just perfect" - you smiled histerically "It's graduation day and I've accomplished absolutely nothing"

"What do you mean nothing? There's so much"

"I learnt stuff that I already knew. Every single thing. Some of the teachers even had errors themselves. Hogwarts is such a different school from the one I used to go to." - you pouted knowing, you couldn't re-use the time turner again

"Okay." - Lily stopped you from talking "What's the problem here, show off?"

"Nothing" - you frowned "I just had a few goals."

She tried to brush off her temper, attempting to joke around "Your fault for wasting time"

Later, that same morning, Students have been gathering inside the main hall for one last shared buffet.

James Potter glanced at Peter who was writing something on the dinner table.

"Roses are red..." - Peter dug his face into the paper as if he was blind from a distance "Violets are blue..." - he suddenly stopped and whimpered as if remembering something "Wait..." - he whispered to himself "Aren't violets violet...?"

Remus, sitting on the other side of Peter frowned at the boy's confusion "What the hell are you writing?"

Their chatter halted as they watched Lily, Molly and you join the four boys on the table.

Lily pushed herself inbetween Potter and Pettigrew "What's popping, my friends?" - she sat down and kissed Potter, knocking over a glass filled with dark grape juice all over Peter's note.

"No!" - Pettigrew stood up, desperately attempting to wipe the liquid off the note "What have you done?!" - his voice was shaking. As he looked over to the table of Hufflepuffs, a girl smiled and waved at him. Peter blushed before awkwardly waving back.

"Ah." - Sirius smiled "A love note"

"Love note?" - Molly laughed at Peter "Darling, what romantic poem starts like that? Oh how horrible" - she took out her wand and with swift hand gestures, she summoned a spell. Everyone watched the juice pedal back, retracting from the note, leaving no traces of stains, as if nothing ever happened.

"T'is the last day of school, you wouldn't understand" - Peter frowned as he sat back down

As everyone around you were having a laugh, you glanced over at the table full of Slytherin students. Tom sat surrounded by females. No doubt due to handsome features and the fact this was the last day. You wanted him too. If anything, his mysterious and cold attitude pulled in for more. How special would it be if you could form a connection with the most powerful wizard the future will ever see. He's intelligent and strong. Charming yet devious. But his smile was to kill for. Such a rare jewel. Imagine the protection you'd have if you pulled him into your hands. He'd be only yours.

These thoughts devoured your mind every day, slowly increasing its consistancy. The admiration of your mind and the fluttery of your heartbeat, all dedicated to this rotten fruit, poisoned your soul and erased the thoughts of who he really was and what he has done.

But now that he had slipped away so much and that the years of school are ending, how will you ever get him back into your grasp?

Tom, not very fond of the attention he was getting, got off his seat and left the hall. Very quickly, you excused yourself and without removing your eyes from Tom's back, you rushed after him.

To your surprise, he was already standing outside the main hall, alone in the area, as if awaiting for you. "Following me yet again, <y/n>? Are you that obsessed with me?" - he crossed his arms "That desperate for someone to lead you?"

"I wouldn't say that's why..."

"Ah" - his face brightened "Here to make amends? Unfortunately, I am all out of providing chances."

"I wasn't going to ask for a chance"

"Please." - he looked puzzled "Inform me reasons for your behaviour then."

"Honestly..." - you clenched onto your chest "I'm not quite sure myself... I guess I just can't stay away from you for that long..." - you lowered your gaze to the floor to avoid eye contact "listen..." - then looked back up "I forgive you, honestly. I know it might not help things anymore"

"I do not seek forgiveness." - he stopped you from talking "What a pathetic thing to assume"

"Look." -you sighed "What do I have to do to earn your respect again?"

"Suggesting you had it in the first place." - he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against "Very well." - Tom smirked mischievously "Would you kill for me?"