Part 70 Finish This, Sirius

You looked into Sirius's eyes and you could see the massive painful conflict that was going on inside his head. It was his heart against his mind. Watching Remus was just as hard as he had yet a similar conflict with himself.

"Don't you see we have bigger problems than me, right now, Sirius?" - with unconscious Lily still wrapped around your shoulder, you pleaded with the sorcerers "Are you honestly going to make capturing me your priority when there are innocent people dying right now?"

"Then give in" - he frowned.

You paused in disbelief, shifting your glance from one of them to the other. "Fine." - you sighed, gently lowering Lily down to the ground.

You slowly started to yank your wand out of your pocket and slowly stretched it out to them. But when Remus was just about to take it from your hands, you blasted the nearby wall and it crumbled upon them, forcing the pair to run and duck away from it. By the time they could stand up you were gone. As Remus rushed to inspect Lily, Sirius was more concerned about you getting away.

Sirius looked at Lupin "Let James know what happened, I'll be right back"

Lupin nodded as Sirius began to track down your footsteps that were left in the ashes. He followed the possible directions you could of went, tracking you all the way outside the battle-zone, where its gone more quiet. The area was open grass, like an overgrown football field.

He saw no-one. It was pitch black and now he was in a massive field by himself, following the racing sounds of his own heart. He stood still, trying to catch his breath as he glanced from one direction to another.

When he sensed something.

Sirius turned around to see a dark figure standing behind him. It was Tom Riddle.

The dark lord was smirking at Sirius. Tom had his arms resting behind his back. His long, black cloak covered most of his body as his soft, brown curls rested just above one side of his face, almost covering the devious glance he had in his red tinted eyes.

Sirius didn't waste his breath, instantly recognizing a threat "Diffindo!" - a lightning flashed out of his wand but before it could hit Tom, Riddle revealed the wand he held onto, from behind his back, easily blocking the spell.

Tauntingly, Tom shook his head, still smirking "Why such rush?" - with a swift hand movement, Tom diverted his wand back at Sirius "Where are your manners?" - he used an imperio curse to cause Sirius to bow before Riddle against his will. Watching Sirius desperately try to fight against it, Riddle smirked "We must respect the tradition. After all, you are challenging me to a battle"

When Riddle broke off the spell, Sirius collapsed to the grass but immediately caught back his guard, grabbing his wand tightly and lifting himself up "Let's finish" - already almost exhausted, Sirius shouted "Finish what we started in Hogwarts!"

"Expelliarmus!" - the disarm spell came out of soft Sirius's lips

But the dark lord summoned a shield that blocked the spell. Tom looked appalled "Is THIS what the great order can do?" - before forming a large ball of electricity with the tip of his wand, releasing it as Sirius

Black caught the spell with his wand and transformed it into water, twisting it around himself, collecting some liquid from the wet grass that instantly dried down after it was sucked out, and spiraling it until it turned into a massive water wave before directing the attack at Tom

Tom instantly transformed the incoming wave of water into small particles of sand that flew right through him. He was having fun, these spells were a child's play to him. And even though Sirius was strong, Tom was a lot stronger and he was a lot more confident in his abilities. Sirius would never be able to take down the dark lord on his own, but his instincts to protect the greater good drove him deeper into the battle.