Part 95: The Final Battle Begins

A cold roar roamed outside the windows. A shuddering, icy, wind, wildly fighting the willow trees. Rays of light shone through a dark-tinted window, escaping a resting candle within the warm walls.

You rolled over, eyelids shut in peace. The body fell heavier as you drifted to slumber. A warm hand draped over your waist, a comforting touch that melted both of your hearts. Tom, awake, listened to the rain. His fingertips ran across the soft skin of your arm as he re-called the recent memories of you.

His hand jumped back at the sound of a door swinging open and he quickly sat up

His sharp glare instantly met the eyes of the intruder

"My lor---" - she whimpered

"Bellatrix, has all that hair gotten through your dense head? It is impolite to interfere without a proper warning." - Riddle sneered

As if snapped due to voices, you woke up. Your eyes instantly locked with staggered looking Lestrange as you sat up yourself. You looked over at Tom on your left, who has been laying next, and It hit like a train that the night was not a dream.

"My lord" - Lestrange proceeded "They've arrived"

Perplexed, you glanced over at Tom who, in contradiction, instantly knew what she meant.

"Very well" - Riddle replied "Show the guests to the dining room"

Bellatrix nodded her head and gave you a last peek before leaving. There was something uncanny about that one flash in her eyes.

Riddle tossed the blanket away from him and leaped out of the bed. He swung his wand to get dressed faster, throwing on a black turtle-neck jumper and black trousers. As he adjusted his dark hair, his bright eyes glared at you once he stopped still "Well?" - his British accent soothed

"Well..?" - you asked

"You are coming"

"I am? I don't even know who the guests are"

"I will not start without you" - he adjusted his sleeve "We shall await till you're there. Do try to consume less time" - Tom tucked his wand in his pocket and exited the bedroom.

Alone and bewildered, you stepped out of the silky sheets and put on your clothes.

You descended down the stairs and carefully trekked into the dining room where you immediately stopped in between the door frame. A whole lot of death eaters were sat around one table, all glaring at you now that you were here.

"Come" - Riddle calmly gestured to you, presenting the chair next to him "Saved you a seat"

You gulped at the tension you could feel as every death eater in this room had questioned your loyalty and there were many of them. You walked over and sat down where Tom wanted you to.

"Well then" - Tom folded his hands, peering from one dirty face to another "I'd like to enlighten some of you who don't know as to why you are here. It appears the order has been conveniently forming an army. Those resistant to us have devoted their faith in the weak" - Riddle spitefully glowered "We must remind them of our supremacy. And those in denial of my power will perish."

"The girl" - a death eater snorted at the table, scornfully frowning at you "She's not one of us"

"You will not interrupt me, Goyle." - Tom scoffed "Must I teach you manners?"

Goyle's head lowered in silent obedience.

"Do not waste your silly breaths about the girl" - Riddle stated, loud and clear "She will not be a concern"