Part 56 A Sinful Desire

Somewhere shallow, absorbed by the darkness, in the coldest dungeons, the dark lord was sat down at a table, his fingers fidgeting on the wooden surface as he faced the highest ranked leaders of his team.

"What do we have here?" - Tom smirked at the view of a figure, trapped in rope, covered in blood and floating midair, escorted by the rest of his team. "Who do I have to thank for, to have such a blessing for your presence, minister?"

The minister nudged side to side, wiggling in between the ropes
"I will say nothing!" - he yelled

"Well." - Tom smirked "I feared you might say that." - he grinned, clenching onto his wand "Let us see how much one's body can take before breaching tremendous pain."

The minister frowned but in fear and disgust. Slowly, he awaited the dark curses that burst out of Tom's mouth.

Later, at the headquarters of the order

At one table you sat next to Sirius, facing Lily and James seated opposite you when suddenly, a figure emerged from the left side of the room. It was badly beaten Lupin. His body and face was covered in scars, obviously not just from battling self form.

"Moony!" - In amazement, Sirius jumped from his seat and rushed off to hug him

"Woah, careful there" Lupin hopped in pain "Not a whole yet."

"I apologize" - he placed his palms around Lupin's face "I'm just glad to see you alive"

"I'm glad to be alive" - Remus smiled

A wave of relief absorbed you. It was good to see him well. -ish.

"Well, <y/n>" - Remus stretched out his hands at you "Won't you give your old friend a hug?"

You got off your chair and happily approached him, giving him a light hug.

Oddly, the hug was longer than a normal one would last. He held you tight as well, surely not like an injured man would.
When you let go off him you noticed a slight glint of red in his eyes. Assuming it was a trick of the light, you brushed it off but you stayed suspicious nonetheless.

Behind you, James freshly stepped up "How did you recover so fast?" - it seemed he was suspicious as well "I've witnessed you cough blood just last night"

"You're doubting my identity?" - Lupin laughed "Doesn't sound like my friend at all"

"In these dark times there can be very little trust" - Potter's voice was cold, as if he was talking to an enemy rather than a friend.

"Hm." - Lupin sneered, turning from warm and welcoming to cold and alarming. "Well. A word if I may, <y/n>. Private. It's urgent" - he looked at James, Lily and Sirius.

Hesitating, they all left the room, giving suspicious glares at Lupin.

"Clever friends you have." - his voice was chilling

You watched Lupin's face disform slowly. His hair turned longer and darker, curling up on some of the edges. His eyes turned bluish-green with small, red tints. Next thing you knew, you were looking at Tom Riddle wearing Lupin's attire.

"I should have known." - you sighed "Even on his good days, Lupin barely touches anyone"

"Ah." - Tom smirked "Is that the error in my works then?"

You nodded "Acting isn't the best suit for you."

"Correct. If I do not put the effort in getting to know the mime"

"Mime?"

"A mute at the moment shall I say"

"Tom." - your voice dropped and your eyes widened "You didn't... did you?"

"My, my. You see me so cruel."

"Should I assume better?"

"You seem close. Does Black know?"

"What? God's no. Nothing is happening, that wouldn't be right."

"Ah." - Tom smiled "But does he know who your heart really belongs to?"

Your face dropped. You felt your heart flutter. "Ho-how dare you... assume that"

"Oh so you do not feel anything for me?" - Tom glared at you mockingly. He got closer to you, brushing the back of his finger down your cheek "Is that why I'm still alive? You did not even bother to escape and I visit you twice now."

You frowned, pushing away his hand from your face "Why ARE you here all of sudden."

"Do you have any regards in terms of my offer?"

"We are not releasing prisoners."

"Shame. I really thought of you as more clever than that." - his face turned blank "It is war that you want?"

"War is already happening, Tom."

"Lord. Voldemort. Now."

"You still look like Tom to me."

He straightened his spine, pausing "Not for long." - he sneered.

"Shame." - you smirked, firing his words back at him "I really thought of you as more clever than that"

"You say that, <y/n>, but you're the one marrying a hound." - Toms' eyes appeared hostile

You scowled "Sirius Black is a good man."

"He's a pathetic, four legged incompetent." - Riddle chuckled

Furious, you raised your hand to slap Tom but he immediately caught it mid air. Clenching onto it tightly, he gazed into your eyes "Do not test me. You live because I let you. You breathe the air because I want you to." - he sneered, giving you death glares

"We battled before. If the time comes we will do it again." - you glared into his eyes, still slightly furious

But staring into those eyes brought back so many memories you couldn't explain. Every time he pushed you away you desired him even more. He was slowly becoming a toxic achievement you were thirsty for. Thinking this, you could feel your heart flutter, beating faster and faster. You glared into his eyes, which seemed to soften as he still clenched onto your arm.

When your heart was about to give in and you would lock lips, Tom pushed you away. 
He looked confused and surprised at the same time at what you were about to do.

"Oh.." - feeling flustered at his such aggressive manner, you placed your hand on your lips. Either way, you were with Sirius. This was wrong.

For a second, Tom stayed silent. He backed away, appearing bitter.

Sound of a door open made you glance at it for a second. You saw the three members come back into the room.

James looked from one side of the room to another before approaching you "Where is he? Where did he go?" - however, all he found was an empty room

Concerned, Sirius rushed next to James "Lupin is still in hospital. Who was it? What did they want?"

So many questions and so many of them to evade. Standing still, you decided to avoid their glares "Must of been a spy from the enemy..." 

"What did you tell them?" - Worried and irritated, James inquired

"Nothing. I suspected right away."

Concerned, all three of them quietly gazed at you.