Part 15 Belligerence | Edited

In Potions, you watched Riddle drop in a couple feathers into his black cauldron

"I'm not sure that's in the recipe." - you said

"The recipe is a joke" - he replied "It needs to be altered for it to have better sufficiency. But how would you know."

"Maybe you're wrong?"

He looked you dead in the eyes "Just like your existence?"

Your posture suddenly stiffened "...That was abrupt"

"Have I hurt you?" - he asked in an exaggerated tone as he grabbed asphodel from the table

"Not really."

"Shame." - he bluntly stated, continuing making slight changes to the recipe

"It appears as if you were making a whole new potion."

"The same." - he squeezed out beetle blood and the cauldron puffed out black, escalating smoke. Your eyes jumped over at the student faces around the room, most of whom were glimpsing at the two of you and your handcuffed hands.

"Ah! Well done!" - Slughorn's affectionate voice brightened the silent, dull tone in the room. The professor's pupils reflected the proud smirk on Tom's handsome face as if he had accomplished something great again "10 points to Slytherin, Mr. Riddle"

A few quick Slytherin cheers here and there were heard at the back of the class whilst Tom looked at you with a massive grin.

"He hasn't even tried it" - you frowned "Seems hardly fair."

"Envious?" - he calmly teased "You are an incompetent minger. I am his favorite and a talented student. A prefect. There is a reason behind my leadership of Slug club."

"Right. How are your boy scouts?"

Tom's smile faded as if he was revolted "It sounds like a jest to you?"

"I couldn't help it. I apologize" - you grinned, not meaning the apology at all "Besides, I'm not intimidated by you."

He moved himself closer to your face, grinding his teeth together in heinous loathe "You should be."

"Is that a threat?"

He didn't reply, simply flashed you a short smirk and looked back at his potion.

As he reached out for the cauldron, he tugged onto the handcuffs on purpose to give you quick pain around your wrists. Annoyed, you yanked your arm back and his own hand trembled, almost dropping out an ingredient. Then he did it again and the pair of you started a tugging fight, each pull stronger and stronger until the rumpus of the chains started bothering the professor.

"Miss <y/s/n>, Mr. Riddle." - Slughorn raised his voice "I am aware that the bonding project must be really hard for you but please, would you try not to bother the students."

So there you were, sat in silence whilst giving each other sincerely grim glares.