Part 76 A Strong Friendship

You woke up in his bed the next morning. It felt weird. As if you were still in a dream when you regained your consciousness. You couldn't believe what had happened over the night.

However, unsurprisingly, Riddle himself was no longer present in the room. He left you alone. Again.

You put on all of your clothes and found your way out.

-------------- (SOMETIME LATER)-------------

"What a silly goon!" Lily was pacing back and forth inside the Weasley house, throwing around the paper cutouts she clenched in her grasp "Honestly, he is such a..." - she grabbed her head, yelling out "Gaaah"

Watching her, you curiously asked "Who?"

She stopped and sighed "Gilderoy Lockhart."

"...Who?"

"He was a student below us. Slipped you a love potion, don't you remember? During V-day he sent himself eight-hundred valentines and caused breakfast to get cancelled due to the number of droppings and feathers in the porridge"

"The... What?" - you were confused "I remember the potion but I don't remember that happening."

"That's because you've spent most of your days with that foster kid"

"Err.. What? You mean To-- I mean, you know who?"

"You can call him by his name in front of me, <y/n>, I honestly don't care." - she twirled, annoyed "But gah! I will strangle that blonde toe"

"Still. He sent himself 800 valentines?"

"I'm surprised you didn't hear about that" - she said "He also created a spell that shot a hologram of his own face into the sky."

"Oh. I remember that one." - ah yes, the time he completely destroyed the beautiful sky you and Tom were watching until you both saw his face just pop up out of nowhere among the clouds. "He's grown quite popular for it"

"That's all he ever wanted."

"Why are you mad at him anyway?"

"He!" - she paused "He came in trying to sell his book idea and some shampoo. Can you believe it?"

"What. To you?"

"Uh-uh!" - she nodded "I was confused too!"

You burst out in laughter. She playfully pushed your shoulder in a teasing manner, pretending to be insulted.

"What did you say anyway?" - you asked

"No of course."

"And...?" - you lifted an eyebrow in pure nosiness

"And what?"

You smirked "I know you, Lily. You must of said something."

She twirled her thumbs together "I may have offered him to join our fight against you know who"

"Oh my merlin..." - you started laughing intensely

"I could see straight through his arrogance" - she added "I knew he wasn't the man behind all that greatness he claimed to have."

"So?" - you placed your hand on her shoulder "What did he say?"

"He excused himself and told me he had forgotten something and he was in a rush to go get it."

"Of course he did" - you giggled "So why are you so mad at him, again?"

"Because. I postponed my wedding as he sent an owl saying it was urgent and our lives were at stake." - she groaned "Then when he got here and I asked how do his silly book and shampoo selling business was life-saving, he simply suggested I should try it to know!"

"Oh boy... You postponed your wedding for this idiot?"

"He called in for an 'urgent' meeting like a week ago." - she shook her head "But. On the bright side..." - she took out an envelope out of her inner pocket and handed it to you "Here. I wanted to give this to you a lot earlier but I've forgotten... and before that you were in hiding. This is an invitation. It will be a small wedding, so not many people will be there."

"Oh, Lily! Thank you!"

"So you will come?"

"Of course I will!" - you warmly hugged her and she happily embraced you back.

"You know, I never told you something, <y/n>." - she said, sitting down on the couch whilst holding onto you to sit with her

"What is it?" - you couldn't help but feel a sudden strike of concern rush through your body.

"So obviously I've asked Petunia to come... but she refused."

"What?"

"Oh she's never been that fond of me, really..." - she did feel deeply hurt over this though as Petunia is her only sister.

"That must be awful. Especially when you attended HER wedding."

"Anyway." - she looked up and sincerely smiled at you "This is why it feels like YOU are my sister. You've always been there for me and I am deeply sorry what went down about Azkaban, but I must tell you" - she told "I never once thought of you as anything else other than family."

"Ah. LILY!!" - you felt like you were going to start sobbing

"Hey!" - she gently pushed you "Don't be such a wuss!" - then stopped smiling "Seriously, don't. Or else I will start crying myself."

When both of you embraced each other again, you heard the door of the Weasley house open.

Startled at the sight, Molly widened her eyes "What on Nicholas Flamel is going on here? When did you get here?" - she looked at the two of you

You cheerfully smiled at her "Oh I just got here recently."

Lily wiped off an incoming tear "I got here a couple hours ago."

Molly stood still, dumbfounded "How did you get in?"

Lily carefully grinned, with guilt built all over her face "Alohomora?"