Part 55 THE REAL BEGINNING

Stop. ✋ before you read ahead, note that it will always stay true to its title "Tom X Reader". So whatever you will read down below, you can already tell there will be conflict.

--------------------------------------------

"24 Muggle murders in the past 2 weeks. Does this sound like anything to you, <y/n>?" - In a dark office, Sirius Black got off his chair. He has grown a charming moustache that often tickled your skin. He pulled your waist and gave you a soft peck on your lips.

"Not now, Sirius. We're on a job." - You giggled as you pushed him away.

He smiled before gently snogging the back of your palm "The work can await, it will not go anywhere" - he smirked cheekily

"But you know who can't."

His expression grew grim "You are quite right." - with one twist, as if dancing, he grabbed your body and dipped you "What did I do to deserve such a clever woman like you, <y/n>?"

"Ah, Sirius, stop it." - you gently tapped his cheek "You're making me flustered."

"I shall cook the dinner tonight, my love" - he kissed your forehead "Whatever my lady desires."

"Interrupting?" - A freshly entered James Potter has been standing in between the door.

"No, of course not" - Sirius let go of you before approaching James "So? Is he alright?"

As if appalled, James slowly shook his head "I'm afraid his injuries are severe. Remus is having a hard time recovering, my friend."

Sirius was paralyzed at the news "Was it that bad? It was my cousin wasn't it?"

"I'm afraid Bellatrix was there, yes. She's blindly following the dark side"

"Did anyone else get hurt?" - Concerned, you asked James

Potter adjusted his glasses "A lot of people. It was one nasty ambush. I'm afraid one of our own betrayed our location."

"Peter Pettigrew?" - you glanced at him sharply

"Again with these ridiculous accusations, <y/n>." - offended, he raised his voice "Peter is a trusted, loyal friend."

You pitied him to trust a traitor like that. But you couldn't do much to convince - as James knew Peter his whole life.

"What shall we do now?" - Sirius crossed his arms in concern

"For now the ministry has ordered to take care of Mortier and his forces." - James shifted his eyes between you two.

"What?" - Sirius looked shocked "They're ignoring you know who? The most dangerous maniac out there?"

"The army of death eaters grows stronger every day. We have enemies on all sides and if we are not careful, we will lose the battle" - James patted Sirius's shoulder "Trust in us, my pal." - watching Sirius nod in agreement, Potter glanced at you "Do you mind if I borrow your fiance for a few minutes?"

"Go ahead" - you smiled at them, they waved in return and exited the office.

It was dark and gloomy outside. The wild owl hooted to the spine chilling moon. The dusty place was filled with bookshelves and one wooden desk near a large window to the front. That was the office. For now it had no electricity therefore the room was barely lit by four, large candlesticks placed in each corner of the room.
In the far back corner from the window, there was an old armchair that you sat on after you picked out a book from one of the shelves.

Suddenly, the large window facing you directly, was burst open, letting in heavy amounts of icy wind. With your wand, you approached the glass and shut it down. You watched the rain outside slowly begin to pour.

"Greetings, <y/n>." - a cold voice shivered your spine.

You turned around to see a large figure, standing by your armchair, wearing a black, long cloak and a hood. The candlestick next to him was no longer lit, as if he put out the fire. It was difficult to see the figure as he appeared to look like a black ghoul. But his voice... was so recognisable.

Slowly stepping forward, you leaned forward to make at least some knowledge of the entity.

"Have I really changed that much?" - He stepped forward, a little more into the light as he removed his hoodie from his face.

Your heart dropped "Tom." - your eyes immediately inspected his face. He looked different. But not too different. His skin was more pale than usual, his lips had almost lost its colour and his eyes showed small hints of red in his pupils. The rest, even the hair, was the same. You knew what it meant - he already split his soul, but definitely not 7 times as he still looked human. He still remained his handsome self.

Riddle hissed at the mention of his name "Have you not heard? It is Lord Voldemort now." - slowly, he approached another candlestick and with his fingers, he put the fire out.

"Yes, of course." - you stood still

He approached you and gazed into your eyes, a contact you tried to avoid. With his finger, he twirled your hair and circled around you, stopping just behind you. He placed his hands on your waist from behind, slowly leaned in and quietly whispered "Are you not afraid?" - his chilling tone made you quiver in place.

You swallowed your saliva, shaking your head in doubt. "No.."

He let go and circled back to the front of you. Attempting to stare directly, he blocked your view as he placed his finger on your chin and lifted it up. Something he's done a lot in the past. However, this time, you turned your head away from his eyes. It was too painful to look at him as he reminded you your failed mission.

Noticing this, he was not happy. "LOOK. At. Me." He grabbed your chin and painfully pulled it towards him, forcing you to look at him.

"Why are you here?" - you barely uttered as his fingers dug into your skin.

"That's right." - he pulled his fingers away "Where are my manners." - he smirked ironically "I desired to give you the best gift of all. A warning. Delivered by me. What's more elating than that, huh?"

You chose to ignore his fiasco "A warning?"

He immediately frowned "The order. Such a pathetic, desperate thing. If you do not release my own from your torture chambers, I will be forced to take action." - deviously, he pulled you closer and as if whispering, he leaned in "I mean thousands of muggles. Mudbloods. Any not worthy to exist. Slaughtered."

"Isn't that what you already do?"

He chuckled and tapped you on your shoulder. With one hand movement, he burst the window back open and approached it. For a second, he glanced back at you "Oh and congratulations with your engagement." - it was seconds before he turned into a pile of black smoke and flew out the window, blending in with the dark sky.

You closed the window again. With Mortier and Riddle being both vital enemies. You knew there was a feud between them two, which could be an advantage. But the war will only get worse.