Part 11 Potions | Edited

Monday after school, Lily had arranged a meeting between you and Severus in the library to study for potions.

Snape was obviously uncomfortable but you knew he was doing it for no other than Lily, who he secretly loved deeply.

The two of you sat sternly in-between two tall bookshelves, in the hushed atmosphere, where you and Snape were skimming through assignments and instructions about vivid elixirs. Here and there Severus would explain to you a couple formulas in detail.

"So Newt spleens..." - your voice trembled, your eyes squinting towards the far ceiling as you recalled "And bananas?"

"Yes." - Snape replied "Among other ingredients for....."

"An ageing potion"

"Good." - he nodded his head "Remember this, it will be in OWLS"

"So..."- you glanced from a brown paper on the desk in front to Snape "I heard from Lily that you take part in some sort of after school club?"

As if hearing shocking news, his eyes swiftly bounced from his book to your face "Maybe. Why?"

"It's that I've been looking for one."

"Mine won't do." - Snape frankly replied "Surely there are other 'after' clubs?"

"Well I heard it was ran by that boy. Tom Riddle was it? I've heard he was an excellent student." - Seeing him remain silent, you resumed your sentence "I want to be in it because of that."

Severus sneered, flashing a slight yeah right type of smile "You must be very foolish to think that a Gryffindor would even be considered."

"Why not? You can't really, fully judge someone by their house" - you thought of Peter Pettigrew, who was sorted into Gryffindor, yet did not emphasize on bravery.

"Even if so, he doesn't seem keen on permitting girls I'm afraid." - he gazed back at the book

"But you could try to throw in a good word?"

Severus snorted "Why should I bother?" What makes it that important to you?"

"Listen." - you sighed, leaning in "I am friends with someone you like. And her being my friend means I can throw in a good word for YOU. How about that?" - you decided to be straight forward

"What do you mean?" - Snape's sneer faded and he appeared surprised

"You know exactly what I mean" - your smirk glinted against the faint light

All of sudden, he let go of the book he held, immediately glancing around the room as if seeing whether somebody was around before whispering "That's silly."

"If so, then why did it startle you so much?"

Snape was gazing at you in silence, his face blank. After a pause, he finally opened up his mouth "No one will know."

"Of course." - you nodded "Your secret is safe with me, I won't tell her. But only if you speak to the leader of Slug Club for me. Then simply tell me what he says."

"You're blackmailing me? And here I thought it would be a peaceful mentoring session"

"I'm sorry about that"

"Why do you so desperately want to be in?"

"Because..." - You could not blow your cover. This is it, you had to make the biggest lie you ever have - "I admire his 'discreet' cleansing in bloodlines and blood rights. And mudbloods-- They really should not be permitted on school's premises."