Part 36 Xmas Dinner part 2

When it was gently snowing outside the window, kneeling down next to the warm fireplace that was lighting up the room after the delicious dinner, you were teaching Tom how to play the hand slap game.

"No!" - you frowned at his smirk when he lowered his palms before you could hit them with yours "How are you so fast? I just taught you the game"

He grinned tauntingly "It's all about the reflexes"

"Alright, I give up" - you grabbed an empty Christmas mug that was placed next to you and got up from the carpet then headed straight for the kitchen.

Tom followed you and leaned against the counter. "Would you like me to do it?" - he stretched out his hand in an attempt to grab the cup from your hands.

"No, I got this, thank you" - as if jinxing, the mug slid out of your hands and shattered on the floor "Never mind" - you sighed before kneeling down on the cold floor to pick up the pieces. If not for no magic outside Hogwarts rule, you would simply use the repair spell.

"Allow me to help" - he kneeled down next to you and gently began to pick up the scattered chunks of porcelain. "Hogwarts rules are nonesense." - he bickered "We should be allowed some magic outside its' grounds."

"Ah!" - you jumped at the sudden sharp pain pulsing on your finger. When you lifted up your hand you saw a cut on the edge of your index finger. Tom stood up to take a glance at it.

"May I?" - he pointed at your finger before gently taking your hand. He gazed at the barely dripping blood then led you to the tap. After he applied icy water, he gently dried it with a clean cloth. "You will live." - he grinned as he lifted up the back of your hand to his lips, giving it a soft peck.

As if charmed, you were standing still, shocked at the sudden touch. He was looking at you with an odd, warm gaze, one that you've never seen before. Is it an act or was he changing because of the potion?

Either way you shook these thoughts away at the sight of a plant evolve above your and Toms' heads. Your eyes widened to see a freshly formed mistletoe.

"Um.... Tom?" - you glanced at Riddle who was still holding onto your hand

"What is it."

"There's... uh... a mistletoe... above us..."

He glanced up then back at you, looking confused "What's that?"

"You don't know?" - you blushed at the thought of explaining it "Well... uh..." - Due to frustration, you desperately attempted to avoid eye contact "There's a tradition to.... Well... uhm..." - you cleared your throat "To kiss.... Under a mistletoe."

He lifted his eyebrows in surprise "A tradition? Let me guess, a muggle tradition?"

"Yeah..." - your flustered tone amused him

"Well." - suddenly, he flashed the most mischievous smile he ever could. "If it's a tradition. We wouldn't want to be rude."

You felt your heart drop. What did he just say? Did he just agree to kiss under a mistletoe? What happened to the cold Tom Riddle? Was he just playing?

With a massive grin on his face, he locked his fingers with yours before slowly pulling you closer to him. Gracefully, he lowered his chin towards yours and as you began to feel his incoming warmth, you closed your eyes and leaned in.

But before you could lock your lips with his, there was a massive laughter coming from the end of the kitchen, interrupting the moment as Tom immediately pulled away and let go of your hands before you could even kiss. The two of you witnessed the pair of children giggling and pointing at you.

"I shall see you upstairs" - he gently kissed the back of your hand again and excused himself from the kitchen, leaving you with the duo of naughty kids who have been making kissy faces in mockery.

All tired, after cleaning up the kitchen, you headed up to your room to see Tom laid down on your bed reading a book. When he saw you come in he closed it.

"No, no" - you stopped him from leaving the bed "You may sleep here."

"Where will you?"

"In the same place?" - you blushed at him "Just... seeing as though everything else is taken"

He looked down, hesitating, before glancing at you and nodding.

When you changed into your pajamas, you and Tom got under one cover that squashed you two together. You could feel his chest pressed against your back. However, he was moving his arms as if he couldn't make himself comfortable.

"Here." - you grabbed his right arm - the one he's been laying on, and put it below your neck as you placed his left arm around your waist. You were now laying in a cuddling position. "Goodnight."

"Hm." - he warmly breathed onto your neck. This was new for him and it sure made him feel strange.

"Just enjoy it" - you shut your eyes

He felt flustered, nobody's ever been this close nor touched him like this. He felt odd. In a weird, refreshing sense he kind of even enjoyed it. It was new to him to be this close to another body. It kind of made him feel safe. He closed his eyes and after some time, drifted off to sleep.