Part 41 Conflict

You wished to find the solutions about the Riddle problem but could come up with very little. Your face grew more pale than usual, you found yourself overthinking so much that headaches popped out every hour. How could you change the mind of an egotistical sociopath though? You lowkey also wanted some sort of revenge. To at least bring the fiasco of his enormous ego a little down.

The best that crossed your mind was becoming friends with his enemies. Therefore an enemy of his would be your friend. In this case, the only person who could come up in your mind was Sirius Black. However, would it really have any effect whatsoever on Tom?

Aware that Tom and Sirius would be both in the same room during the lesson of transfiguration, you attempted to capture Riddles' attention by befriending Sirius closer. From talking, to giggling to innocent touching - it was actually nice to spend time with Sirius, he was very funny and kind. You'd glanced from time to time at Tom who didn't really seem to pay any attention. It's like he didn't care, which did make you slightly bitter.

It felt so empty during lunch without Lily - the lively redhead. It seemed to be always dull now. Mary and Molly themselves were very anxious about her as well and spent each second awaiting for her to get better.

Which reminded you of another problem - the basilisk and Toms' thirst for the death of mudbloods. But you had to keep this information to yourself for now - your story with Riddle was not done regardless of what it seemed like.

It felt enraging to see him walk around with the people he called 'friends' - the boys from his club. It was obvious to you alone that he didn't even want friends, he was just trying to make a clean title and reputation for himself.

Not to mention what an intelligent prefect he was with clear leading vibes. His strong British accent and astonishingly handsome looks only added to the list of why so many girls would follow him around drooling. He felt so perfect and it was enraging how noone else could see through him except for Dumbledore. You also found yourself caring more than you had before and it popped into your head that you want to talk to him again not just because of the mission.

When it was the time for Potions, it was awkward to sit next to him again. Of course, you wouldn't speak to one another which made teamwork almost impossible. Observing this, professor Slughorn interrupted the chat Riddle made with Severus and had told them both to include you since the other two students were not feeling well and henceforth were absent.

Snape nodded at the teacher then glanced over to you for your opinion "I was thinking Felix Felicis? The potion of luck"

But Tom shook his head "I was thinking drink of despair"

"Maybe something safer" - Snape replied

Riddle frowned "I must of missed the part where you have a say in this."

Watching, you intervened "I vote for Snape's idea."

Tom sneered "Nobody asked you."

"Okay. How about the flesh eating potion?" - bitterly, you looked him up and down "But I think you're fine doing it without the brewing."

Snape interrupted "I'm not so sure about you two but I wish to pass. Let's just do the potion of luck."

The two of you had to shut up and stop bickering to not get kicked out. As much as Tom highly disagreed with Severus's idea, as he always desired to be right, he had to deal with the fact that it was teamwork in which he was no leader.

After the lesson, when everyone broke down into other classes, you grabbed Riddle's arm when it was empty around you - just you and him.

"Excuse me. Now you're being rude?" - you said to him "I know that you don't want to be friends anymore but did I really mean nothing, based on the way you treat me now?"

His voice echoed back with bitterness "This is not the time or the place." - he looked infuriated "Besides. I've always spoken to you like this."

"Well then where--- when you've been avoi--" - you sighed "Just tell me now or--"

"Or what?" - he scowled "You have nothing on me."

"Have you forgotten you gave me a personal book of yours to read"

"And now you have decided to do something about it?" - he sneered "tell someone that there are scribbles of fascination in the dark arts?"

"You know it's not just that."

Disgusted, he grinned "It's my word against yours."

You watched him in awe "How do you keep changing like that?"

"Changing?" - Dismayed, he added "I never changed. This is who I am."

"I won't believe you haven't at least slightly."

"I understand it must be hard to squeeze that into your narrow brain." -
He yanked back his arm out of your grasp.

Frustrated, you suddenly squeezed him against the narrow corridor's wall and gazed straight into his shocked eyes.

"You will stop messing with me" - your faces were so close, you could sense his warm breath.

You wanted to do something. But out of temptation. His lips were luring you in again.

"Look at you" - he smirked "I suggest you watch what you do."

But the only thing that would cross your mind again was to kiss him.

Your eyes looked down at his lips as you slowly leaned in again, gently rubbing your hands against his chest.

Whilst he was as stiff as a board doing nothing. But he wasn't fighting it either.

Just when your lips were about to connect - and he didn't seem to resist, you pulled back, no longer even touching him "As I said. I don't believe you haven't changed at least slightly."

He looked surprised yet impressed at the same time.

You walked out of the corridor, feeling Riddle's gaze trail you from behind.

You felt good to bring him down like this for once.