Part 79 I Do.

"Uh.." - you looked around inside the pitch black darkness of the cave but you could barely see a thing.

"Do you know why this place is so important?" - Riddle muttered. Watching you shake your head, he added "When I was trapped in the orphanage I used to come here. I brought a few orphans here with me once. It terrified them." - he paused "That is when I realized. Not only was I fearless and different, but watching them cower gave me such enjoyment. I felt such power I hadn't realized I would be able to at that age. And the tortured looks on their faces amused me."

"Okay? But why are you telling me this?"

Dismissing your words, he whispered as he brushed your cheek with his wand "Do you trust me?"

Glaring at him with obvious fear in your eyes, you responded "Yes... I-I suppose..." - Feeling nervous and anxious, you knew there wasn't much you could do.

He drew his lips close to yours and seductively mumbled "Would you hurt for me"

"Hurt for you?" - you repeated in awe "Hurt someone else or... myself?"

He pulled back, shooting a flash of light beam into the air from his wand, illuminating the dark cave and revealing a black lake underneath. On the other side of it laid some sort of basin.

"Come." - he held out his arm and hesitantly, you took it. Tom led you to the edge of the surface before summoning an enchanted boat, getting himself and you on board, then beginning to cross the water "Usually this boat is charmed to be able to carry only one." - Riddle stated "I've placed many spells on this place. I'd also like to test them."

"What?" - you felt baffled as to what to say

But he didn't respond. 

When you peered around the cave, your eye caught some sort of uncanny movement in the water. Startled, you jumped into Toms' arms, causing the little boat to rock.

"Do not fear." - he said "It is just the dead. Mindless creatures. They shall not harm you while you are by my side."

"Jesus Merlin, is that the Inferi?" - you glimpsed from one skinny, dead, rotten body to another "How many people have you killed?"

"Not enough." - he coldly stated, turning away from them uninterested.

"Not enough?" - you mimicked "There must be hundreds here already..." - even watching these corpses sent shivers down your veins. Those were the reanimated people he had murdered. Necromancy. Something you would never dream of exploring.

When you finally crossed the lake, as if a gentleman, he held your hand to help you get out of the boat before releasing it.

He led you to the basin he had his eyes fixed upon then looked down at the odd black water placed inside of it "You see this?" - he pointed at the filled basin with his wand "This is the drink of despair. It is here to guard something."

You gulped, predicting yet shuddering at the thought of the worst "Why the information?"

Ignoring your inquiry, Riddle took a patch of the black water with the goblet he had just conjured, lifting it up to your lips "Would you drink this for me?"

"W-what?"

As if suddenly growing tired of your confusion, he became more demanding "Drink it."

A rush of fear pierced straight through your throbbing heart "N-No..."

"It won't kill you." - he cruelly declared, turning impatient 

"I-I know... but why me? To drink such a thing..."