Part 9 Library | Edited

After passing the mahogany staircase, the four of you had stopped in front of the portrait, just outside Gryffindor's entrance at the tower.

Mary, who got there the fastest, stood motionless as if bewildered, glaring at the portrait of the fat lady.

"You forgot the password again, didn't you?" - Lily asked her as Molly and you caught up behind.

"Uhh..." - Mary mumbled under her breath, scratching her cheek "Halitus somethingus"

Molly tilted her head "You mean Halitus ignis?"

"Halitus ignis!" - Mary shouted at the portrait, which swung open and revealed the circular hole in the wall.

The three of you chuckled at Mary, flocking all at once past the entrance.

Lily sprung onto a stuffed, red armchair and sighed as Molly kneeled down by the sizzling, marble fireplace. Meanwhile, you and Mary put away the pets in your dormitory.

Later, the same Saturday, once the moon shimmered among the refreshing rain...

You decided to visit Hogwarts library, knowing you wouldn't be disappointed

You decided to visit Hogwarts library, knowing you wouldn't be disappointed. There were thousands of bookshelves scattered across the large chamber, offering an enormous amount of knowledge to the ones willing to learn. There were hundreds of thin paths to walk through, accessible to those who could digest wisdom at the cost of numb feet.

Your eyes trailed after the books that begun with the letter 'D', already repeating the title in your head over and over again "Dark Arts & more" - a book that didn't include instructions, which meant it wasn't threatening enough to have it placed among the forbidden section.

You glanced around prior to approaching one, colossal bookshelf, spotting some quietly reading students by the square, wooden tables. Each table had a glinting, yellow lantern that would illuminate those paper pages and the inked words students wanted to read.

There were glowing chandeliers above their heads, watching down upon those who wanted to finish their late-night assignments.