Part 5 Surroundings | Edited

The double lesson of charms with Flitwick proved to be a lot more useful than you originally had imagined.

The third lesson was Potions taught by professor Horace Slughorn. You had already met him in the past and he proved to be a good, helpful teacher - but he'd have no memory of you now.

Not all houses were going to the same lesson from set 1. Only Slytherin and Gryffindor attended Slughorn's potion class at this time while Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw attended Transifguration. Once it ends, Gryffindor and Slytherin will swap with Hufflepuf and Ravenclaw, both of whom will attend Potions while the other two houses will go to study Transfiguration.

You and Lily had to seperate from Molly and Mary to attend Slughorn's potions lesson.

Spotting your amiable posture, Slughorn warmly welcomed you "You must be <___>!"

"Yes, sir" - you smiled. You loved this person, he was known to be kind, even if he was the head of Slytherin. You knew you could somehow gain his trust and liking once more.

"Let me find you a seat, my dear" - he looked around the room, glancing at the seated students.

There were only six rectangular tables in the room. Each rectangular table would have have 8 cauldrons - 2 on each edge of the wooden desk, which meant that 2 people would sit on each side or 8 people in total per table.

By the looks of it, Slytherin was paired up with Gryffindor. Lily sat on one side next to a boy with brown eyes, pale skin and black, long hair. On the same table sat Tom Riddle, besides an empty seat, not paying any attention to you as he fumbled through a book on potions. On another side, a young man with blonde, long hair sat next to a young, dark haired girl from Gryffindor. There were no other people on that particular table, only 5 at the moment, when every other had 6 or above.

This particular table had Lily, Severus, Tom, what seemed to be a malfoy boy, and a girl you didn't recognize. Slughorn pointed out the very same table, leaning in as he whispered to you "That's the table with the best students" - he chuckled, his face suddenly turning stiff "Don't tell anyone I said that" - he straightened upwards, his chin high as he yelped "Riddle" - he managed to catch Tom's attention, who looked startled, no longer reading his book "Would you kindly partner up with this student, guide her if she'll need help?"

Tom glanced for a split second at you then back at the professor and nodded.

You walked over to sit next to him, catching sight of his sullen, displeased glimpse before he tucked his nose back towards the book.
You waved at Lily who was sitting opposite of you and she smiled in return.

"Excellent" - Slughorn announced to the class "We may proceed with the lesson. Ready up your cauldrons, we'll be making dizzines draught. Does anyone know what that is?

"Allow me, sir" - you responded

"I admire your courage but students are required to raise their hands before answering, <___>."