Part 14 Obey | Edited

Over a week passed since you've made the deal with Riddle. He showed his thrill in using you whenever he would shrug away the embarrassment you'd have to endure based on his demands.

You'd convince yourself that this ludicrous, hard work was worth the fact he drank your potion and was finally emotionally vulnerable. It was now only a matter of time until he'd change.

You found yourself with him one day in the middle of a dimly lit corridor, where barely any students would walk through.

"There is no point for that." - you told him

"There is if I say there is." - Tom bluntly replied

"That sounds useless and harmful. You've already forced me to slaughter the roosters." - you frowned "But I cannot put a first year in danger."

"Recall the book you stole from professor Flitwick? Or the ones stolen from the restricted section? I can be very informative if I'd like to."

"That was, as everything else, on your demand."

"But you've done it. Would be such a shame if all evidence turned up conveniently around you, wouldn't it?" - he calmly stated, wearing a proud, fearless smirk

"You force me to humiliate myself in front of my friends, slaughter animals for you, steal for you and now you want me to injure a first year?" - you didn't even feel how your voice turned high-pitched "I can't sleep at night already, I refuse to obey this one."

"Have you forgotten that I own you?" - his cold voice even sent you shivers

"You've made me do a lot of terrible things but I CANNOT put a little child in danger"

Tom looked you straight in the eyes "You're useless"

"I just have empathy."

"You're simply an asset of no importance. No more, no less."

"That is your opinion. I can feel what a normal person should feel at least. And I am a person."

"Could have fooled me" - a small smirk on his face reflected your bitterness "Have you taken a glance at a mirror recently?"

You felt your blood heat up like a boiling kettle and yet you did your best to avoid conflict "And what if I was to break the contract and no longer obey your absurd demands?"

"You've given me a word. But if you choose to break it" - he calmly folded his arms wearing the same smile on his face "I will break my silence equally, knowing what I do. And we don't want that, do we?"

You felt your pulse speed and your body turn tense. As if a hot rush taking over you, you felt your hand raise to smack his face.

But he caught it by your forearm mid air, gripping onto it tightly as he glared you in the eyes coldly "You don't want to do that." - he released it, his lip curled as his nostrils flared "Run back to your useless mudblood friend."

"At least I have friends." - you spat back with a sharp stare

Before Tom's annoyed lips could part, a girl from Ravenclaw with bright blonde, shoulder length hair; brown eyes and white glasses hanging above her nose, interrupted you two.

"Excuse me, hi!" - her eyes jumped between you two

You and Tom glimpsed at one another in confusion, having no idea who she was.

The blonde student continued "I'm from house Ravenclaw." - she pointed at her emblem  "Long story short, I noticed you two having disagreements and I-- well-- have this assignment from muggle studies..." - she stuttered among her words as if losing her thoughts "Just a project on how efficient muggle objects are for bonding and I was just observing and couldn't help but notice your troubles.... So I'm here, yeah, I'm here to help you"

"No thanks" - you replied

She chuckled "It wasn't really an option" - Instantly, she placed one side of a shining, silver handcuff on you and the other one on Tom's wrist.

"What is this muggle rubbish?" - Tom appeared disgusted, lifting his arm up, inspecting the cuffs connected to you.

"It's short term, I promise." - she cheekily grinned "You can ask all about it to the muggle studies professor if you'd like"

Tom sighed taking out his wand with his free, left hand and pointed it at the cuffs, however, before he could mutter out a spell, the girl stopped him;

"It's an anti-spell one, magic won't help you here, sorry" - she looked satisfied "Your only way out are these" - she grabbed bright silver pair of keys from her pocket, flashed them, then placed them back in her robe pocket "These will not come off until I want them to. Oh and don't worry about having the same lessons and stuff, the teachers have been informed about the project so they'll know"

Just like that, the girl was the puppet master.

Curious, you asked "You're doing this because we were... disagreeing?"

She nodded "Yup"

"How are we supposed to use the bathrooms and sleep?" - you proceeded to question her

"Oh right... haven't really thought about that... well, you'll just have to figure that one out by yourselves... bah-bye" - before you could stop her, she immediately rushed away, basically sprinting for the nearest exit, leaving you alone handcuffed like muggles to the dude you hated the most in Hogwarts.

"What a basic rat" - Tom murmured silently but it was still loud enough for you to hear.

"Me?"

"Not you" - he looked unamused "All though..."

"Do I feel another insult incoming?" - you jiggled the handcuff, showing him the consequences of his actions so far.

"According to the rest of Hogwarts I might just be a saint" - Tom wore a fresh, mischievous, little smile

"According to the rest of idiots you mean"

"And you must be the biggest one here."

"You assume of me so low because I do not swoon over you?"

Tom sighed "They're almost just as bad. A bunch of silly girls with silly dreams"

"Well. You should really tell them that."

The bell rang, meaning it was the time for a lesson.
However, it was an after school lesson to the people who chose to study more. Being handcuffed to Tom, he immediately started dragging you to the lesson for potions. You made an effort to refuse.

"I'd like to attend transfiguration"

"You're meant to obey me, recall that?" - he pulled his arm easily, almost making you tumble forwards. 

Without seeing whether you're okay, he continued to lead you towards the lesson. Disappointed and weaker in strength, you gave up and followed him.

It was going to be a long day.

On the way there, you realized that there were quite a few people handcuffed to each other looking extremely unhappy. You knew that the experiment was ridiculous but maybe this was a solid chance to remain close without having to do forbidden tasks.