Part 30 A Request To The Dance | Edited

An annual Christmas ball was finally announced and constant chatter or gossip echoed between Hogwarts's corridors. Those confident had no problem asking people to the dance. However, those shy struggled a lot more.

Outside, in the snowy courtyard, as the snowflakes slowly fell upon your robes and hair, you and your three friends sat on a wooden bench discussing the upcoming event.

You were all watching couples walk around holding hands or some of the handsome guys asking girls to the dance.

"You know James." - Seated next to you Lily said "He asked me to the dance that-- overbearing--"

"Of course he did." - you told her, not surprised "How did he react to the rejection?" - you looked at her, awaiting for a reply. But her silent lips gave away a different answer and your eyes widened, without realizing how high your voice got "You accepted??"

"He told me he'll leave Severus alone if I'd accept." - she replied "And I don't want to watch my friend get bullied so much anymore. It's painful."

"But won't that crush him anyway?" - Molly asked

Lily nodded her head, her eyes showing sadness "Especially after I've offered to go to the dance with him already... Well I suggested -- didn't really ask."

Mary intervened "So..." - seeking to change the upsetting topic as she looked at you "Who are you going to ask? Unless you're already expecting someone to ask you" - she deviously smiled

"Well, I--"

"Aren't you going with Tom Riddle?" - Lily interceded, shooting you just as much of a teasing smile

You felt dumbfounded for a quick second, didn't expect her to straight up blurt that out "Well-- no? He doesn't really like me. Don't you dislike him yourself?"

"I do but you have your own life, <___>" - she warmly replied

"Besides." - Molly added "Didn't he offer to tutor you?"

"Yes, But--"

"Doesn't he glance at you whenever you're not looking?" - Mary asked, grinning

"He does?" - you asked "Because I never said--"

"We can all see it." - Mary smiled broadly

Your eyes jumped between their faces and you noticed that they were all widely grinning.

For some reason, you felt flustered and heated at the thought of it "I wasn't even thinking about it... besides, I don't think he's the type to attend such events as a Christmas ball"

"Oh come on" - Mary nudged your arm "I see the way you look at each other" - she teased "He can't keep his eyes off you, don't think I can't see what's going on at lunch breaks"

"Oh right" - Lily crackled as she added "I see the way you look at each other in potions all the time. You can't fake that type of passion"

As they noticed you grow even more uncomfortable they all giggled at your embarrassed face.

"Guys, shut up" - you gently pushed Lily, who almost fell off the bench "Stop exaggerating, we're just... friends"

Lily broadly smiled "Or... you could always go with your one, true love. Gilderoy Lockhart!"

"I knew I shouldn't have told you guys anything..." - you murmured

"Oh, come on" - Mary teased "That boy must really like you if he slipped a love potion"

"He did the same to like other five girls, remember?"

When the three of them finally stopped laughing, Mary tapped your shoulder then pointed at the boys who freshly entered the courtyard - Tom Riddle wearing his black, long coat and two of his other friends.