Part 68 Order Of The Phoenix

In the outskirts of the countryside the wind was rising. As the scattered trees and grass began to slowly die, wildflowers would stand their ground. Muggles have been scavenging resources for the upcoming cold beneath the dark and gloomy sky. The weather hadn't been clear for a while either.

Most folk were terrified inside their own villages, terrorized by the death eaters whom have left their mark whenever they pleased. For example, their infamous dark mark symbol have been scattered across England. The stench of dark magic had been running all over the air.

The ministry of magic have been reporting to the public that such occurrences caused by Lord Voldemort and Mortier as 'under control' when in reality the ministry was struggling to fight both sides. With the minister of magic already under the influence of The dark lord, majority of ministry's attention has been diverted towards Mortier and his forces. It was such a small problem to Riddle, that he decided to ignore any threat he thought was 'minor' and has pursued his interests in immortality and power.

Inside the ministry, Albus Dumbledore has summoned the order of the phoenix to talk about the recent concerns.

"Yes. You know who has come to Hogwarts." - Dumbledore stroked his long beard before sitting down at a table surrounded with a bunch of other people.

"What did he want?" - Sirius spitefully asked

"A position as a teacher of the defense against the dark arts." - Albus replied

"Why haven't you told us this before?" - Lily looked shocked

"Indeed!" - James added "That is not something to be kept from us"

"Mind your manners, Potter." - Alastor moody's voice cracked at the wizard "Do not forget who set up the order."

Alice longbottom held hands with her now husband, Frank longbottom "What did you tell him?" - Alice wondered, clenching onto her mans' hand "You must tell us"

"I said no of course." - Albus had a dead serious gaze on his face "At the time, Riddle had already changed. I identified his dark intentions and had to turn him down."

"Marvelous, job" - Freshly recovered Remus Lupin smiled at the aged man

"Honestly, we are lucky to have you as such a wise leader" - James added

"Think of me as no leader." - Dumbledore replied "Besides." - he lowered his gaze to the table "It did come with a... cost."

"And what that might be?" - Arthur Weasley curiously questioned the sorcerer

Dumbledore hesitated before answering "He cursed the position and unfortunately no DADA teacher shall be able to stay and teach for more than a year."

Members of the order seemed shocked yet at the same time unsurprised at the dark lord's vengeful deeds.

Molly Weasley even lifted her hand up to her heart, clenching onto her clothing in deep worry for the school "Hogwarts won't be shut down, will it?"

"No." - Dumbledore shook his head "Of course not. However, with you know who and Mortier rising in their power, I'm afraid Hogwarts was in consideration of a shut down. By the end of it, it was the minister who refused to shut down the school of wizardry."

"About the minister..." - Sirius interrupted "There is something peculiar about him."

"Yes." - Alastor added "He's been acting strange."

"Then thank heavens he is not here." - Dumbledore replied "Nor is he invited."

Gideon Prewett frowned in confusion "Isn't that... illegal? We're making plans without our boss? Having a conspiracy"

"Not at all." - Albus smirked "After all, it is my order" - he watched everyone at the table smile at him before shifting topics "Shall we discuss the power of the enemy? What have we heard so far?"

Fabian Prewett sighed before thinking on a reply "I heard he can possess living creatures. Make them do things."

"That is true, yes." - Albus nodded

Molly scowled "I cannot believe someone could murder their own father and grandparents in such cold blood."

Arthur wrapped his arm around his wife in comfort "That happened quite a long time ago now, darling"

James shook his head "I can't believe we didn't see it earlier. What he was."

"You cannot blame yourselves for what happened in the past" - Albus said "It is best we focus on the future." - he silently breathed out "You know who has grown a lot stronger. He learnt how to fly without a broom or apparition. And when he does do apparition, he does it silently. Only two wizards in the whole world are known to such capability."

"Who is the second one?" - Gideon asked

"Me."

There was a slight pause of concern among the order. It was fear mixed with anguish that the dark lord is growing so much stronger, so much more powerful.

"What about <y/n>?" - Sirius asked impatiently

Lily instantly frowned "What about her?"

"She escaped Azkaban did she not?"

"You put her there without any evidence! I say she must stay free." - Lily glanced at Albus "She does no harm to anyone. And she was one of the best members of the order." - then Evans looked at Molly "And a great friend, wasn't she?"

"So was Severus. Wasn't he?" - James shot back at Lily "Before he decided to join the death eaters."

"Oh please" - Remus chuckled "That was inevitable from the start."

Pissed off, Lily got off her seat, cranking the chair before storming out of the room.

"You know, if I see <y/n> in public.." - Molly claimed before pausing and giving Sirius a sincerely angry gaze "I will give her a big hug." - she grabbed her husband's hand and they both left the chamber.

"Well." Albus sat back in his chair "I suppose that's the end of this meeting then."

Far outside the ministry, the minister of magic himself had his usual report to the dark lord.

"I thought you'd have more... pleasant news, minister." - Riddle frowned. He looked absolutely disgusted, as if he was on a verge of murder

"I-I am sorry, my lord. They are keeping secrets from me." - the minister was in fear. He even had a hard time swallowing his own spit, afraid of a possible incoming doom.

"What use do I have of you?" - Riddle spoke softly, slowly getting out his hand from underneath his sleeve and discreetly hiding it from the minister, admiring the wand in between his fingertips instead "If you cannot do the one job I assign you to?" - Riddle looked into the terrified mans' eyes "What use is there... If I waste my power... on you?"

The minister gulped "My lord?"

Tom sneered mockingly, mimicking the words spitefully "My lord" before with one, instant, swift, hand movement slitting ministers' throat with the tip of the wand. A small drop of blood fell on Toms' cheek as he watched the corpse collapse down to the ground.

Riddle wiped off the drop of blood off his cheek, he looked disgusted before using the apparition spell to leave the fresh slaughter scene.