Part 66 After

Tom brought you back god knows where. Some abandoned hideout for him and his army.

Without saying a word, he placed you in his chamber and glanced at you with disgrace, as if you were some kind of trouble. Yet there were hints of worry in his expression

"So." - you frowned at him "That was fun"

He appeared confused for a second before shooting you a serious stare "Remember who you are speaking to. Have you any idea on how long it took me to track you?" - he scowled "You should be grateful I came at all. You cost me a great deal of time."

"I've been there for what, a month? Do you have any idea what it feels like to have the happiest memories fade out of your head like a snap?"

"I sadly wish to inform you that I do not care."

"After all that happened, you still choose to act like this?" - you couldn't believe it "If you don't care, why save me at all?"

No response.

You continued "So you do care, huh?"

He just gazed at you in silence, but he looked completely displeased. "So you've been banished from the ministry? It means you are useless. How can you spy without being there."

"Want to escort me back to Azkaban then?"

"What rubbish are you talking here?" - he frowned "This does mean you're available for other tasks."

"You mean become a death eater? No thanks."

"You'll do as I say."

"No."

"I've quite forgotten how silly it is you assume yourself brave."

"Whoever done this to me will pay in blood. Trust me."

"Oh?" - he seemed intrigued

Though you were unsure, you have muttered these words "Sirius. I wish him dead. And James. The whole ministry. Must. Pay for their ridiculous deeds."

Tom smirked in satisfaction. He enjoyed seeing your dark side. "I'm pleased to say I've got wonderful news then." - he glanced straight into your sleepless eyes "The minister is under the imperio curse. Soon enough, they will all vouch or die."

"How is that useful to us?"

"Us?" - he appeared startled in a slight manner of mockery "I'm afraid to inform you there is no 'us', never has been an 'us' and never will be."

"You know what I meant"

"I've come a long way now. Some of the dementors have slipped to my side. Do you have any idea what noble work I have done? Hundreds of mudbloods have died at my command. Less filth already." - his eyes were filled with potential murder and fascination with slaughter.

"Tom." - you stepped closer to him, with your bloody fingernails and dried lips "More than anything I want is for them to pay. But I also want to ask you for one more thing."

"What is it."

"As much grieving as Azkaban has caused me. As much torment. I still believe Mortier should be slaughtered first. If it wasn't for that shame of a man, I would not have needed to teleport from the streets of London and maybe then I would never have ended up in Azkaban."

"You wish for me to lead my army into the weaker enemy? The sorcerer is nothing but a joke. I have a greater cause."

"I'm very well aware of that. It's just this one thing I ask."

"And in return?"

"What do you mean?"

"What would you give me in return?"

"Anything."

"We have been here before, <y/n>. You never keep to your word." - he turned around, facing the exit of the chamber "Now if you pardon me, I've got a minister to control."

"Tom" - you yelled out to him, grabbing his attention just before he leaves "Is there something that you would like? Is there really no way you'd listen to me? Even when my thirst for revenge is so clear?"

"No."

It made you furious he would not listen to you. You clenched your fists, trying your best to keep your composure. "There must be. Something..." - suddenly, you felt your body grow weaker. Your legs trembled and shortly you could no longer keep the balance. You felt yourself on a bridge to collapse. As you fell, the last thing you saw was Tom with his wand out, casting a spell on you to slow down the landing, preventing you from hitting your head on the ground.

You woke up next in a bed. Much more comfortable than anything you slept in quite before.

"You're awake."

You heard Tom's voice softly call out to you.

"What happened?" - you asked, rubbing your head

"You've grown weak. You need rest."

You huffed before eventually ending up falling asleep again.

Tom decided to stay in the same room for the night, but he stayed awake.

When you were drifted into your own little world inside your mind you were having nightmares - of Azkaban no doubt.

From a bit of a distance, whilst reading a book, Tom noticed you frowning in your sleep. He witnessed you wiggle inside your bed and with cold sweat shudder from time to time. A bit puzzled yet slightly worried, he approached the bed. He glanced at your sweaty, asleep face.

When you started calling out a name in your sleep. His name.

He felt shocked. He did not know what it meant. If it was a nightmare was it bad? Or must he feel delighted you were thinking of him?

He sat down on the bed next to you and just silently grabbed your arm inside his warm palms for comfort, keeping your hands locked.