Part 44 Myrtle

You woke up in the forbidden forrest with mud in your hair. You looked down at your hands to find them completely covered in thick, fresh blood. It was someone else's blood. You didn't know what happened nor how you got there. Last thing you knew you were completely angry at a girl called Myrtle.

It was a horrible day. You were not in a mood and took everything to your offense. Completely outraged you spoke down at Tom who'd been trying to teach you about DADA.
All of the lessons were particularly annoying and you just couldn't explain it. It's like you were slowly going rogue.

But whose blood was this? You carefully stood up only to feel your leg ache as if it was going to break. Your knees were horribly bruised and your head was baffled.

You noticed that it was dark outside which was good - it could decrease your chances of being spotted with blood on your clothes and mud on your face.

With huge pain, you rushed to the inside of Hogwarts. As stealthily as you could, you sneaked to the common room of Gryffindor and took off your soaked uniform. After inspection, you casted a spell that would demolish any stains before putting it back on.

More than anything, you wanted to know what happened. The pain didn't stop you from rushing down to find your friends. When you spotted Molly and Mary inside one of the studying rooms they greeted you as if nothing happened.

"Are you tired?" - Mary glanced at your pale face

You shook your head in response. You couldn't just tell them or else they would be concerned.

When you walked out, feeling an urge to rush for the girls' bathroom, you were hit by a sudden flashback.

That's right, a girl was crying inside this very bathroom earlier today. When you decided to enter and observe, you offered to comfort the girl but she didn't want anything to do with you

"Go AWAY!" - she yelled.

Feeling like you couldn't do much about it, you walked out of the room, leaving her to sob. But it did cross your mind whether this was Myrtle.

Suddenly, there was an odd hissing sound coming from one of the massive pipes that were hidden within the walls. It was as if a gigantic snake lurked around the school. The rustling sound was heading towards the girl's bathroom.

You could recall a boy standing there. A familiar face of no other than Tom Marvolo Riddle.

He didn't hear the sound of your voice gently calling his name, he simply stood outside the door of the bathroom, looking as if he was about to enter.

After glancing around with a blank expression, making sure noone's around, he didn't spot you, so he felt safe enough to enter the chamber.

When you rushed down the hall to observe as to why he'd enter the girl's bathroom, you could hear the hissing coming from it. There was another voice, a voice that belonged to an actual person who seemed to be interracting with the hissing. This was Riddle speaking in parseltongue.

When you entered the room, your jaw dropped to see the same girl who's been sobbing, falling down to the cold floor. Her skin was as pale as it could get, her eyes were wide open as if seeing something terrifying and as dead as she was, her soul had completely abandoned her corpse.

One of the last things you could recall was a petrifying creature. It was the basilisk you heard about prior to your travels. It hissed around Toms' figure.

Your little shriek of horror had startled them both. Tom seemed a bit surprised to see you there.
Aware of the risks of looking into basilisks' eyes, you closed your own and only used your hearing against the massive creature which instantly started slithering your way.

You could hear Toms' voice shout "NO!" - as he watched the beast rush at you with its mouth wide open. Riddle had a full control over the creature, however, it seemed as if it didn't hear its owner as he watched you run out of the chamber with the creature rushing after you.

"Confringo!" - Sprinting with your eyes closed whenever you'd turn your head, you waved your wand at the following basilisk, desperately trying to stop it. However, it did no damage to the snake and it only got angrier.

Thankfully, there was noone around those halls. Not a single soul. It made it easier for you to fight for your own life.

It suddenly went silent. No hissing and no constant rustling of the basilisk. The only sound you could hear was your own ticking heartbeat. With the wand in your hand, you were prepared for the worst.

It was seconds before the snake had slithered from behind, lurking, about to rip your body to shreds.

You closed your eyes at the hissing of its venomous, toxic saliva that had blasted your face. Without being able to see where you were going, you tripped and fell backwards, dropping your wand.

You could hear it slither closer and closer. The presence felt warmer as the stench of its mouth became stronger.

However, a second voice, talking in a completely foreign language had seemed to stop the snake, calming it down. It was clearly a parseltongue speaking Riddle.

You rushed up, grabbed your wand and sprinted out of the castle.

You as fast as you could, without even thinking about it where you would end up.

Until you were forced to stop at the figure of something jumping out at you. You scarcely saw a hungry looking werewolf.

It launched itself at you before you could even cast one single spell, knocking your head into a nearby rock. Fallen, from the corner of your eye you noticed a piece of sharp glass. You grabbed it and clenched it, awaiting the next attack.

When the werewolf sprinted with its madmans' eyes and a starving mouth, it flashed its sharp teeth before an attempt to bite your face. Petrified, it stopped and growled in pain at the sharp object piercing his top shoulder. Its blood soaked your clothes as it dripped into your hands.

It yelped at the full moon before jumping and limping away.

When the aching of your head was overwhelming, with mud and blood covering your face, your eyes shut down at one last sight of the nightly sky.