Part 73 Before

When Molly came back into the room all cleaned up she noticed you and Lily hugging "Oh, what do we have here? I leave for two minutes and come back to this?" - she teased

You and Lily could chuckle about it "Looking refreshed I see, Molly" - Lily teased her back

"The most I will be for a long time"

It felt good to have these girls you knew from way back in Hogwarts. You faintly remember Mary as well, but she grew distant from the rest. After all, finding out that her assaulter, Mulciber, turned into a death eater had been quite a strike of fear to her.

"I quite miss Mary" - you uttered

"Ah yes. I sadly almost forgot. She was quite a character."

"And nobody can forget about you and your quirky, spaghetti personality, Lily" - Molly playfully tapped Lily's shoulder before sitting down opposite of her, this time, on the dry spot of the mini couch.

It was peaceful, the laughter and small talk was like a getaway from the real world and the troubles plus commitment it beheld.

Until something caught the three of your ears. Someone had flown and landed outside the Weasley house.

The three of you united, took out your wands in suspicion and slowly approached the door. Molly, who was walking first, carefully glanced outside one of her windows to check the potential threat before turning back at you and Lily "It's Alastor."

He had greeted you all outside, as if awaiting for something. "There you all are. Come on, we don't have much time left"

You all looked at each other, confused as ever.

"Time for what?" - Lily asked

Alastor rolled his eyes "Has nobody notified you it is the time we throw a battle upon Mortier?"

You all looked at each other again before shifting your glances back at him and shaking your heads.

Alastor sighed heavily "Get your brooms and let's go!" - he got into the position to fly back out as he whispered to himself "Goddamn women"

Everyone started to gather inside the ministry which created a soft chatter echoing around. As you, Lily and Molly followed Alastor, you could see the rest of the order and far more. They now had allies and those allies had friends. Wizards and witches who would willingly volunteer to fight. 

Your glance jumped around the room from one face to another. You saw Lily hug and snog her fiance James, and Molly who was now pregnant snog her husband Arthur. You were happy for your friends, of course. But deep inside, there was a gentle type of jealously going on. Watching all your friends be happy with someone else simply made you feel lonely. Even more importantly, it made you think of Tom and his aggressive yet warm grasp you so much missed and desired.

"Hmm." - Stood next to you, Alastor frowned at all the couples "Bloody children" - he trekked away "Makes me feel sick"

Good. At least you were not the only one feeling that way.

At a distance though, you noticed Sirius who had been talking to Remus. When his gaze met yours he gave you one of his genuine smiles.

You never felt so complicated about anything in your whole life. You caused Sirius such pain and in return he put you in Azkaban. Now he proclaimed his love for you again and is back to acting sweet and soft. But in comparison would Tom had done the same? You obviously doubted that. He rescued you from something your close friends put you in. Tom was corrupted but he at least was not fake. Not like you thought Sirius was fake, but he did have a nasty dark side to him you haven't seen.

All the chatter stopped at the sight of Albus and his brother Aberforth enter the ministry.

"I am deeply delighted for the courage you all decided to give tonight" - he peeked into one eyes then the next "We shall be fighting for what we have been the past years. Freedom. Not just for ourselves, but for all the muggle and muggle-born families out there. If there is a life in this room we must give... then it shall be for the lives of many outside. Good luck to all of you."

All the wizards and witches had lifted up their wands in respect for the leader.

"Ready?" - Lily noticed you seemed a little nervous. But that's because she didn't know you were Mortier's main target.

"Not like I have a choice" - you smiled at her and she chuckled.

"Let's begin" - Albus said

One after another each soul apparited out of the room or flew out with their broom. The dark muggle sky had now overflown with sorcerers on their transportation vehicles or turned into the white mist that lit up the stars.

Only a few muggles could see it but the ones who did thought it was just some trick of an eye.