Part 60 Poison

The infection spread through your two fingers. Looking at it made you feel sick. The contamination crumbled your skin as the betrayal poisoned your heart. You did feel something was going to happen before you accepted the ring, but you knew you couldn't risk it and you had to take your chances. What now though?

Slowly and painfully the agonizing ache took control over the infected area, sending tingles down your flesh.

You still felt sour. You knew what it meant - you were slowly dying. There was not a single cure that would rush into your mind but there were plenty of potions and spells to slow it down.

The only thing you desired to know the most was why the sudden betrayal. Envy? Greed? Wrath?

The undeniable, insatiable thirst for answers drove you anxious. You didn't crave a meal, a drink or to talk to anybody at all. The following nights you knew would be restless.Especially if you couldn't find any way to prevent this.

So the next night, when the infection already spread throughout your four fingers, you put on a black cloak and walked out of the offices of the order.

On the way out, you've noticed Sirius who walked past, he noticed your glance and looked away as fast as possible, not saying a word. He did not even stop to question your dark attire.

You thought of ways on how to find who you were looking for. Apparition spell with just enough of mental strength and you ended up in a place so familiar. Outside the dark street you glanced upon the mansion that now laid as a relic. Its faded paint, the once glorious windows that were now absorbed by dark rust and covered in boards, the once welcoming door that stayed aggressively silent to its visitors only allowing ivy to pass, everything about it now whispered death. It was the Riddle house.

To many it may have seemed unoccupied but you knew what stayed in there from time to time.

Discreetly, with the hood over your face, making sure no soul would see you, you approached the damp door and knocked on it twice but there was no answer. You knocked on it again, this time louder but it still stayed silent.

Confused and desperate to find him, you walked out of the area and followed a dark pathway around little Hangleton. It was filled with cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking muggles who were catcalling you half way through. As one of them grabbed your arm, you twisted his, making him yelp in pain. The rest of the drunkards were laughing at the sight of a woman overpowering a man.

Your hopes of finding him lowered just until you saw a snake discreetly slither through empty, abandoned stalls outside the pub. You recognized the snake - it was nagini.

It appeared as if the snake had been waiting for you as it paused in-between slithers towards the darkest streets of Hangleton.

When you followed it to an abandoned block of flats surrounded by black, thick gate, you were greeted by a giant with a scar underneath his eye. He grunted as he placed his hand around your shoulder, pushing you through the entrance and into the building.

Once inside you've noticed the lack of care of the house. The once beautiful decor and glorious wallpaper had been scratched down and vandalized. There were sounds of chilling chuckles and laughter but not warm and welcoming - rather the opposite.

As the giant led you to a staircase, keeping his hand on your shoulder, you passed a doorway on your right side from which Bellatrix gazed directly at you, pausing her smile at the sight of you. But when her eyes met yours, she gave you a very displeasing, uneasy, fake grin which disappeared as soon as she lost sight of you.

The man led you up three floors before leaving you stand still behind a fancy, wooden double door. He traced his way back down, leaving you alone. You reached for the handle, but before you could grab it, the door slowly swung open.

Inside a room that appeared as a massive, beautiful replica of a library, stood Tom Riddle, glancing out a large, triangular window on the right side of the room, holding a wine glass in his hand.

He wore black trousers and a black vest on top of a white, long sleeved shirt.

Without shifting his glance from the window, he called out to you as you stepped into the chamber "I thought you'd come."

As you took off your hood from the head, fully revealing your face, you clenched your fists in an attempt to control your thirst for vengeance "I wonder why." - you approached him, slowly stepping closer and closer "What a lovely gift, Tom. I was honestly dying for a gift like that."

He turned around, steadily holding his glass in an upper manner, lifting up his chin and flashing you a smirk "You're humorous."

When hsh you swiftly pointed your wand at his neck "If I die. You'll die with me and I shall rewrite the history."

Tom smirked "Why so dramatic? Silly <y/n>. Do what you must." - he gave you a mischievous grin, calling your bluff.

"Again with your schemes."

"Why in such a rush? I've got plenty of plans for you." - he sipped on his wine, ignoring the wand at his throat

"Aren't I dying?" - you stiffened the clench of your wand "The ring. I know It is cursed."

"Of course. It's a horcrux. I won't hide it from you. Did you not think I would of taken precaution on such an object?"

"Then why give it to me?"

His expression loosened for a second as he watched your face get drowned, all of sudden, in fear and pain. "Damage control. I am willing to give you a cure for a price."

"There is no cure."

"Ah. Not one that anyone else might know." - Tom smirked in confidence

"Our deals never go as planned, you should know that by now"

"This time your life depends on it, <y/n>, we both are aware that you have no choice in this matter."