Part 91 Unforgivable

"Alright then. Do it." - Tom bitterly scowled

Your grip didn't quiver as much as your heart "Is that what you want?"

"You are bluffing. You would never dare." - he confidently replied

"You are threatening to take away my parents. Disconnected me from my friends. You killed our child and claim you never loved me. Do you really think my hand will tremble?"

Riddle stood quiet. Words had abandoned him for a moment.

"Is that how foolish you are." - he finally said "Standing there, contemplating suicide." - his expression turned sour "All those things happened because of your own stupidity. And child? what child? there was never an infant."

"For a guy able to tell when someone lies you sure don't know when someone is telling the truth."

Tom's mind went blank for a second, the firm grip he held behind his back fell loose as he looked afar "You're telling me this because you wish to bind me."

"No." - you shook your head, the tip of your wand still by your throat.

He paused, glaring into your eyes "Very well. Lower the wand."

"And my parents?"

"They will go free."

"How can I trust you?"

"You do not have a choice"

"I really think I do" - you stiffened your clasp onto your wand "You first, Riddle. I want my parents."

"You are aware" - he mockingly grinned, looking you up and down "I could imperio you. Do not force my hand." - the grimace in his eyes mixed deviously "I shall not repeat myself again. Lower. Your wand."

"I can fight an imperio curse." - you replied, watching the smirk disappear from his face "And you will not kill me or else we wouldn't be talking right now. So like I said. I'd like my parents first."

He huffed, a little bitter.

But in an odd way he felt intrigued by this side of you, ominously drawn to it. He didn't feel sour as much as he felt proud.

Grinning, he quickly whisked his wand, releasing a quick flash of light that shot into your grip - your wand twirled into the air over your head and into Riddle's grasp. "Well then." - holding the two wands, he whirled them between his fingers before shooting you a daring smirk "As promised." - Tom's wand whistled above his head and the door of the attic opened, spitting out wooden stairs leading up to it. He then stashed the pair of wands inside the inner pocket of his cloak "They're up there."

You looked up into the darkness of the attic - it was quiet.

Tom understood your silence, proceeding "They're alive. Under a spell. I suggest you get rid of the muggle first."

"Will you hand me my wand." - you asked

"No."

Exhaling, you turned to face the body of the muggle "That's someone's father you know..." - you murmured. "Shouldn't the family have him?"

From behind, Riddle coldly replied "Won't be missed."

"You don't know that."

"It does not matter. If you wish to spend your time delivering this worthless muggle then please. Be my guest."

"Fine." - you looked into Tom's surprised eyes - that wasn't the answer he expected. "I will."

But how the heck were you going to carry him without a wand?

The man on the bed was a lot larger than you. You grabbed onto his legs and started pulling his weight with all your strength - he barely budged before you finally managed to drop him onto the floor.

Riddle watched you fall out of breath "You look ridiculous."

"Thank you." - as you pulled the muggle by his legs, it got heavier and heavier in your grasp and you fell shorter and shorter of breath. You only managed to yank him half way down the upper hall before you took a rest "What the hell do muggles eat" - you looked further, spotting Riddle calmly watching you struggle

"Your parents will fall out of spell before you get him through the front door."

"Help me then?" - you asked, not expecting a yes.

Riddle retrieved his wand from his inner pocket then spun his grip. The dead man's body levitated off the floor. As Tom followed your trail, he made sure the corpse would be safely led.

Once you were outside, greeted by the mist, you peeked over your shoulder to Riddle "Where did you find him?"

Tom shrugged "Somewhere."

"Great." - you watched afar, inside an alleyway.

 Unable to feel Riddle's gaze from behind.

"I will take care of it." - he pushed past you, the body of the man flying behind him - a revolting sight. Riddle stopped in the opposite alleyway and carefully lowered the man to the cold floor before heading back.

"Seriously?" - you watched him return

"The muggles will find him." 

Tom looked into your eyes without saying another thing, your glances locking tight. He had suddenly swapped moods from chilling and cold to ominously warm. And this was reflected in his gaze.

He rested his hand above your shoulder - supporting his weight to the wall as with his other hand he slowly, gently started to brush back your hair before gradually leaning in

You pulled back your head, snapping him away from whatever his intentions were "What are you doing?"

Suddenly aware of his actions, he pulled away too without an answer. He brushed his hand through his own hair, feeling emotionally complex-ed.

Right of course - he thought. There was too much unforgivable that happened.

"I forgot. I am only a relic." - Tom said, recalling the time turner "Don't be troubled about it. The future is still in my hands regardless." - he stated, clicking back to his cold self. "Consider the grant of your parents lives a very generous gift"

You hesitated before nodding. Even though you wanted to say more, maybe it was for the best you wouldn't provoke him again.

Her glare - he thought - so enchanting  when he could think clearly. 

He squinted his eyes, completely oblivious by the fact he simply missed her now forbidden touch.

He resisted the temptation, the only obstacle being the memories of the past.

Unsettled by the pause, you asked "Will you hand me my wand back at least?"