Part 85 The Battle Of Dark Wizards

A far away standing little girl ominously observed the dark clouds "Mommy.. what's happening?"

The mom didn't know how to answer, for she had no clue what happened either. She pulled her flesh and blood closer to her chest "Go inside, hunny... It looks like a rough storm is coming" - as she watched her young love run to the inside of the house, the lady looked back to the sky. What a peculiar storm.

But she had no clue what the real source of the far away chaos was.

A rivalry.

After getting pushed back by a strong gush of wind, Riddle's dark hair fell on his face, covering parts of his eyes

After getting pushed back by a strong gush of wind, Riddle's dark hair fell on his face, covering parts of his eyes. The only thing his foe could see clearly was the sadistic grin Marvolo wore. As Tom clenched his wand, he caught an oncoming, fatal spell released from Mortier's wand which was so powerful, it almost knocked Tom backwards. Stretching upwards and as if taming the bolt of lightning, Riddle released it back at the caster whom stopped it; the impact quaked like a cannon blast between the two wizards, earth shaking below their feet as their spells unwillingly collided.

Riddle's stronger stance overpowered, enabling him to push further, almost knocking the foe off his feet as Riddle's incantation stroke Mortier backwards. Quickly renewing his balance, the old wizard watched another flame dash towards his body, but after murmuring a charm, he was able to protect himself against Voldemort's smite.

Diverting another spell to his side, Mortier gazed upon the enchanted sky, now gleaning with a dazzling, dangerous, green flash of light coming his way. Catching it with his wand, Mortier was blown back, as the impact of the spell caused his wand to crack.

Riddle smirked, regaining his posture. He was winning this duel.

Short of breath, the old wizard stood back on his feet, fury spitting across his face. He looked at his wand and the color drained from his lips - his wizardly pride had been damaged. "All this." - he babbled "For the witch?"

Riddle stood blankly "Have you had enough?" - his British accent oddly soothed and alarmed at the same time "I was just getting started."

"Me, boy?" - he chuckled "Seeing such value, I think quite the opposite"

"Do not say I never offered you mercy."

"You are conceited" - Mortier frowned "Disgracefully foolish"

"Yet here I am. In a duel with a proclaimed 'powerful' sorcerer." - Riddle smirked, twirling his wand between his hands "By the time I finish, there will be nothing left but a mere memory of you. After that, I am sure it will fade away into nothing. Nobody will even know your meaningless name." - he sneered "Do not worry though. I will help you save the embarrassment of such failure and kill anyone who even says a word about your silly, disgraceful existence."

Mortier grunted in anger. With a hasty swing, a flame dashed out of his wand, recklessly evolving into a blazing monster. Crackling of the spitting fire unfolded, absorbing the nearby trees like toxic food, releasing gushing, hazardous smoke. Riddle looked up at the roaring, moving giant of hot light, Tom's hair moving around with the smoke carrying wind, consuming the pair of wizards.

A massive, moving source of blinding light in the middle of the night screeched as it transformed into a huge wave of threatening flame that darted full force towards the firmly postured Riddle.

Bystanding, fighting off her own battles in sadistic ways, Lestrange was alarmed by the sudden huge fiery blizzard. She flew her way up to the mansion's roof as she killed anyone opposing her way. Standing her guard, she gasped watching the attack come for her leader.

As she desperately rushed to help, she found herself halted by Riddle himself

"Stay back, Bellatrix"

"My lord..?"

Without replying, Riddle's face stiffened, his eyes not moving from the oncoming fire.
His hand swung, the wand secured between his fingers as he met fire with flame. Nothing but focus and determination, Tom's wand quivered at the impact of the opposing hot pile.

Golden flames broke out between them, light and smoke covering their bodies, it's as if they both were absorbed by the roasting blizzard of fire which swallowed them whole.

Not even Bellatrix, from afar, could see her lord.

When suddenly, the blaze began to dissolve, chocking out Riddle as it cramped into a hurricane of red heat at the centre of the two wizards.

Riddle smirked, moving both of his hands loosely, the whole steamy combination outcome of the two spells now only followed one's movements - Tom's. He had the full control as the spell would no longer come out of or obey Mortier's wand.

Mortier was appalled as he watched his own conjured flame rise up above him into a ginormous snake. It looked down at him, sizzling, as it rushed full force towards its own summoner.

In quick response, Mortier stretched out his damaged wand in an attempt to tame his own spell. But he was no master of any snakes. As Mortier absorbed half of it, his wand shook out of his hand.

The remaining side of the blaze screetched as it captured Mortier in its spitting jaws, blowing up under an impact like a firework.

Riddle smiled out of delight, he established he was a lot more powerful.

It all went quiet. Black smoke all of sudden landed around Riddle. Huge numbers of his army were suddenly standing behind him, admiring his deed.

Mortier, still alive but badly injured, got up on his feet. His clothes burnt and ragged, his face badly torched.

"You..." - he yelped, out of breath "you will never win this war..."

Tom frowned then quickly smirked, replying in the softest, mocking voice he could "Seems to me I already have" - he gestured around Mortier, whose manor had now been on fire as the corpses of his army laid silently dead.

Mortier laughed, falling down to his knees as Riddle calmly approached his foe, Nagini still slithering by his side.

"Ask her..." - Mortier coughed, looking up into Riddle's eyes "About the time turner..." - he chuckled "She's had it for a peculiarly long time... She fooled you"

Riddle's grin faded. He wouldn't usually trust the poisonous words of his enemy but Tom was not stupid, he knew there must have been business for all this effort Mortier desperately showed in capturing the girl.

Tom looked down into the man's eyes, nothing but madness representing in his own. He swung his hand to the side, then bitterly sliced Mortier's throat right open. Blood poured out of his flesh as he chocked. Eyes wide open, yet smile still wide on his face as he fell down to the cold ground.

Riddle watched the colour abandon Mortier's face. And even though he knew he was still alive but in a lot of pain, Tom whispered something to Nagini whom slithered up onto his shoulder then down to his leg as he stroke its skin with the back of his finger. "Food" - he coldly stared down at the foe, smiling at the sight of Nagini jumping and ripping Mortier's alive flesh apart. He grinned at the sounds of his enemy shrieking in pain.

To think, Voldemort was not going to send out his army if only Mortier had not kidnapped someone important.

Once Mortier's screams stopped, Riddle frowned.

A time turner he says.