Part 61 Charm

"No, no, not like that" - Tom swiftly pushed down on your arm that clenched your wand whlist drawing his own out, pointing it at the spider in front of him "Crucio!" - observing the animal mangle and screech in deep pain, he flashed a smile of satisfaction before giving you a glance "Give it a go."

A little bit stiff, you slowly lifted your wand. You held it up for solid ten seconds before realizing the consequences of pain you can cause "I can't..."

"No choice." - he instantly answered in a cold, sharp tone

"You almost had me killed. I agreed to do your bidding. But I cannot see why I have to force myself to torture anyone or thing"

"You're still weak. I can not have you weak."

"Then don't have me at all?"

"I've already given you the anti-dote. You shall not make me regret it." - his eyes pierced into yours, building tension around the room. He yanked onto your arm, positioning it just in front of the spider "Kill it." - he leaned in from behind you, whispering into your ear as he watched the creature attempt to wander away "You know the curse"

You took a breath. It seemed so simple did it not? killing a being inferior to a human. Yet you stood there contemplating whether to take its life. You felt Tom grow impatient. His face was overshadowed with disappointment. 

"Avada Kedavra!" - you watched the spider fall upside down as its life was drawn out of his tiny body. You glanced to your right, noticing a freshly entered Bellatrix who had shouted out this curse before you could.

"Bellatrix." - Tom smiled at her, to which she smiled back.

You noticed that the look in her eyes showed some sort of desire for him. 

A bit jealous and angry, you gave her a sharp gaze "Was not your target"

"Just got a bit bored watching you, that's all" - she smirked before glancing at Riddle "She's useless, my lord. We should get rid of her. Let me"

You saw Tom's smirk drop as he immediately sneered at her "Out."

A bit terrified of the sudden despise Tom showed towards her, as well as startled at the sudden outburst. She instantly diverted her eyes to the floor and bowed in obedience before leaving the chamber.

Riddle breathed out. "It appears that we have a problem."

Bewildered, you asked "We do?"

"You." - he paused "Shall you only do as I say under an imperio curse?"

"Do not." 

"Then you WILL do as I say."

"Why for heaven's sake do you attempt to control me so much? Do you not have Snape to spy for you?"

He frowned in confusion "How do you know"

Oh. It hit you that nobody has actually told you but you already knew because of your time travel. It made you fear more for Snape's life. Giving away this information, being on the side of the ministry puts Severus in danger.

"I-I..." - you could not think of a follow up

"What a shame. He can not be trusted. Was useful" - he glanced away

"Wait, 'was'?" - worried, you lifted your arm up to your chest, as if grabbing onto your skin

"If you are aware what he is then he is not good at what he is."

"No, no, no, wait, you must not."

"A command?"

"What? no, it's just... don't kill him. Please."

"Unfortunately, he places me at risk. I do not want to end him, he has been a servant of dignity."

"Then don't. If you do I swear.... I will--"

Tom cut you off "You will what?"

"I WILL declare war"

He smirked "You're a few years too late."

"No, I mean, I will tell everyone everything. Where you are, where you hide, how many people in your army and who."

"Finally. You're showing the side I prefer." - he simpered "So much effort for one man. If I didn't know you better I'd assume you're in love" - teasing, he stepped closer to you "Or are you?"

Gazing at him like that made you tremble. Not in a fearful way but rather delightful one instead. His piercing, bright eyes sent shivers down your veins and it was hard to resist his touch.

Flustered, you felt your face shine a bit of red "Him? no, of course not."

"Why would it be him?" - slowly, he pulled your face closer to his until you could feel his breath on your lips. But before you could kiss, he stopped and looked into your eyes "Then you will do as I command?"

Thinking it will save Snape's life, you nodded.

"Exquisite." - he smirked, pulling his face away from yours and giving you a small peck on your forehead instead, leaving you completely dry.

"You were using your charm and blackmail to get what you want, Tom?" - unsurprised, you smiled "Could you be any more predictable?"

Riddle appeared incredibly satisfied with himself "It works, does it not? Oh and by the way. The curse has been a hoax. But I shall be taking the ring back."

"Huh?" - you felt dumbfounded "What do you mean a hoax?"

"It was never real. Genuine. I planted a fake spell to test your ambition and loyalty."

"L-loyalty? I came here for revenge"

"Indeed" - he snickered "But you agreed to obey."