Part 13 A Challenge | Edited

From afar, you huffed at the sight of Riddle sit at the section where two ceiling height bookshelves shadowed him from the rest of the students. He sat alone by the window at a table for two. And even though it let through some glimmering sunlight, the library still looked dimly lit as if it was drowning in dusk.

From a nearby shelf you picked out a book called 'The Founders Of Hogwarts', tucked it between your arm and headed towards Riddle with the two goblets in your hands, one with the potion and one just a simple drink.

Tom looked peaceful, a ray of sunshine twinkled behind him, iluminating the sheet of paper he was reading. But once the tip of your shadow covered the light on his page, Tom looked up and your eyes met.

You sat down in front of him, placing the pair of goblets on the desk and your book in the middle as you sighed "I believe we got on the wrong foot. I am here to apologize."

"For?" - he bluntly asked

"Just the tension. I can't seem but to assume you dislike me."

Tom looked down to the book. He placed his elbow on the table, his head on his palm and puffed bitterly "Leave me be."

You didn't really reply, you leaned in on the chair and with the two goblets still between the book, you whisked it open, sighing as you grabbed your head and read the letters.

Riddle glowered "I meant the table."

Without looking into his eyes you replied "I need to study somewhere."

"Are you always this infuriating?"

"Sometimes."

Riddle glared at you flabbergasted. Anyone else would have listened to him by now.

After remaining silent for a bit, the goblets reached Tom's curiosity "Are you planning on drinking in the library?"

Your eyes finally jumped from the book upwards between the drinks as you glimpsed at him "Yeah."

"That is restricted."

"Yeah." - you glanced back down at the paper

A slight smirk appeared on Riddle's face. He knew all about forbidden things and consequences. He leaned forwards and scoffed "Should I not tell"

You locked eyes with him again, spotting the mischevous glint in his gaze as if he was up to no good "Well I certainly hope you don't" - you told him "After all, they will confiscate the drink and I-- well I--" - you leaned forwards, lifting your palm at the corner of your lip as if you were whispering "Put something in it"

Tom's eyebrows twitched in interest "Oh?"

"Well my friend Mary has quidditch try-outs and she was really worried about it" - you lied "So I just put something in it to help her" - you winked "She doesn't know."

"And you trust me with this information?" - Riddle calmly asked

"Sure." - you leaned back with a grin on your face "After all we wouldn't want rumors that a Slytherin prefect has been snooping around the forbidden section of the library" - you recalled Lily's words

Tom's face appeared stiff for a second but then he smiled as if he was going to laugh. There was a hint of approbation in his gaze as he intimidatingly grinned "You do not want to play this game against me."

"Shall we toast to it?" - you lifted the goblet which you knew contained the potion. Pretending, you quickly frowned "Sorry, for a second, I forgot it's meant for someone else"

"So what's in it"

"Felix felicis" - you whispered again

"You'll get expelled if you're caught" - Riddle bluntly stated