Part 83 Legilimens

Each time Mortier would use an imperio curse to get you to talk you'd smirk at him tauntingly, unwilling to break, no matter how much it would hurt.

"I suppose it's such a shame you haven't mastered legilimency, no matter how close you are" - the blood from your gums and your cut lip dripped down to your feet, sinking into your shoes

Mortier had to catch his breath after the spells - you were tough to crack for him. He sneered, attempting to be as emotionless as always. He let out a hostile grunt and left the room. 

That's when you felt like you could breathe freely again. All though your whole body was aching, covered in fresh, pinkish blue bruises.

Sybil, who had been peeking at the scenario, after noticing Mortier was gone, bolted into the room and inspected the chains "These are magic resistant" - she said

"Sybil..." - you interrupted her, catching a glimpse of her enormous pupils, it was dangerous for her to be here. Yet finding out the truth overclouded your thoughts "That reading you gave me, what did it mean?"

She halted, letting go of the chains as she lowered her gaze, adjusting her glasses "I-I cannot recall. I'm sorry"

"If I could tell you what you told me, do you think you'd be able to explain?" - you just wanted to make sure the way you understood it was right

She paused for a few seconds, nodding her head with a little doubt "M-Maybe.."

"You said something about the future being so powerful and toxic that for neither will end well" - you gulped, trying to remember  "And that the connection was once a three - an innocent soul in a body destroyed by the ignorance and pride of the other" - you looked at her in solid dismay, anxiously awaiting for her reply. In your guts you already knew what it meant, yet it was like you were awaiting for her confirmation.

"By the sounds of it, dear, there is your second half, and as far as he will remain one, only demise will follow you"

"A-And the other bit?"

She shook her head before stopping, as if realizing something "Was once a three... a connection..." - she softly gasped, pointing her finger "You... You were with a child, my dear"

"Were...?" - you asked "As in not anymore...?"

"An innocent soul..." - she quoted "in a body, destroyed by the ignorance of the other" - she placed her hands on her face, shooting a concerned gaze as she watched the devastation rise in your eyes "Your other half must of...." - she gathered her thoughts "Was there an instance recently where you obtained serious trauma?"

"The drink of despair..." - you murmured to yourself, recalling the excruciating pain you've gone through. The man himself who would have been the father forced the drink down your throat himself. "You're telling me....." - you could not believe the inch of thought going on inside your head at that moment "That he... he killed...."

"I'm so sorry my dear"

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Riddle manor

Two death eaters brought a figure back to the manor and dragged it into the ballroom, where Riddle had been twirling his wand between his fingers.

"This one" - one of the death eaters stated "Is a follower of Mortier. He will know"

From behind the freshly entered guests, Bellatrix set her feet into the room. She had been on the hunt along with the others as ordered.

Mortier's follower though, all bloody, sneered, spitting at Toms' feet

"Is this a way to treat your host?" - Riddle asked, attempting to keep his composure "You are a guest at my own home. Do I have to teach you manners?"

"You're wasting your time" - the man flashed his crooked teeth, letting out a crackle followed by a spit of blood "I don't know anything. He keeps his secrets."

"Somehow I doubt it." - Riddle shot a terrifying smirk, one that sent the captured man a strike of fear "Shall we find out? It shan't be hard after all." - Tom stretched out his wand at the victim, gazing into the petrified mans' soul "Legilimens" - Riddle pronounced the incantation, delving into the mind of Mortier's follower, with ease reading his thoughts, memories and even emotions. Once Riddle gathered the only information he needed to know and felt satisfied, he lowered his wand "Thank you. For your use." - his blank lips flashed deviousness as he lifted his wand again, pointing it at the victim as he calmly and gladly uttered "Avada Kedavra" - a green light shot out of his wand and the man fell dead.

Satisfied with the power he held, Riddle deviously simpered as he watched the cold corpse lay below his feet.

"My lord?" - Even though completely terrified, Malfoy intervened

Riddle looked back at his aghasted army "Gather everyone." - he bluntly stated "Prepare an attack."