Part 27 The Slug Club | Edited

Wednesday after lessons, you saw Riddle walk across the hall

"Tom!" - hearing your voice he stopped and you caught up with him "enchantments of outrageous fortune to take arms against a sea of thousand natural quakes that make calamity of so long a life"

Riddle's eyes squinted "Excuse me?"

"From the middle of there came to an open place was out walking, without its means he had the foot of all he said" - you proceeded

"What?"

You sighed, taking a notebook out of your satchel and with your quill you quickly wrote some words then handed it to Tom

and he read your note:

'A friend asked to test a blabbering potion at lunch'

"Delightful." - Riddle said in a low tone "You shall be speaking gibberish during the whole meeting I presume?"

You grabbed the notebook from his hands and quickly wrote underneath your already scribbled letters.

'She said it should last around an hour, I think I just failed defense against dark arts'

'should stop soon'

Riddle was holding back a smirk as he watched you put your book and the quill back into your satchel.

"If it lasts I will see to it you are given an anti-dote." - he said, but his chin quickly lifted as if he thought of an idea "Unless it will come to even more amusement."

The two of you then headed for professor Slughorn's classroom only to find seven other members of the club already seated by a long table. Most of their arms were either crossed or folded as if their bodies were telling us they all had secrets. Horace, however, was standing at a side of the room and poured himself a cup of tea.

You suddenly felt extremely nervous, aware of why you were here.

In contrast, Riddle sat down by the table, his posture firm and confident before he so easily began talking to the other members. You could tell he was not the oldest but he was the leader - leading a bunch of boys who were in search for someone stronger.

Tom saw you still stand where you were and he coldly declared "Get on with it."

You knew what he meant. You held back a sigh and went for the teacups in order to serve them all drinks, able to hear some mumbles about jinxes from their lips in the background.

"What are you doing?" - The cold voice stopped the chatter. You turned around to see Tom frowning at you.

"You--"

"Sit. Down." - with his palm, he pointed at a chair opposite him, on the other side of the table. It was an empty seat in the middle, in-between four boys - two on each side of the chair.
On Tom's side, there were 2 boys on his right and 1 other boy as well as professor Slughorn on his left - So there were 10 people in the room in total.

"Bu--" - you wanted to ask about the deal, but perhaps Riddle was worried about you being induced with blabbering potion

"Forget about it." - after they all watched you sit down he glanced around from face to face "As we know Jinxes are affiliated with dark magic used often to cause discomfort to the victim."

"Yes" - Slughorn agreed "According to a spell book written Miranda Goshawk Jinxes are dark charms"

"Who can name at least 5 charms and their abilities?" - Tom spoke out to the group but much to Tom's shock, nobody raised their hands "No one? Surely even first years could answer this question"