Part 57 An Ambush

Mortier. Who knew what a maniac followed the footsteps of Grindelwald. The monster butchered children and women, muggle or not. The ministry desperately tried to cover his blood trails from the public; but all the information was slowly slipping and no oblivion spells would be enough. Besides, the prime minister was kidnapped by the dark lord himself.

Just outside the ministry of magic, in the muggle world, you and Lily stood among the crowd, awaiting for one person.

Soon enough, a ginger figure emerged from the crowd. Having his eyes fixed at you, he stretched out his hand "Gideon Prewett"

"Ah" - you smiled while shaking his hand "Relation to Molly Prewett I'm assuming?"

"Molly Weasley now."

"Oh?" - Lily looked shocked "She married Arthur didn't she?"

"Indeed she has." - Gideon replied

"Are they safe?" - you asked

"Yes. They're having a first born."

You smiled "Well send my congratulations"

"Mine too" - Lily added

"You may notify the ministry that me and my brother agreed to push the dark lord tonight."

Oh. It hit you. Did Fabian and Gideon not die by the hands of five death eaters in the future?

"No, Gideon. Send someone else..."

"I assure you, miss <your surname>, we are more than capable. And it's such an honor to be trusted with the task."

"Yes, yes. Maybe another day." - you barely listened to what he was saying "As for now, nobody is pushing the dark lord. We shall seek Mortier first."

"Mortier?" - Gideon raised an eyebrow

"Yes. Worse than Grindelwald, yet weaker than you know who." - you replied

"So why are not eliminating the stronger threat?"

"We need to fight off one of them. Even though they do not fight together, their forces still eliminate a lot of ours. A lot of muggles and muggle-borns. Now, they're wiping whole ministry. The dark lord at least is. Into his submission."

Suddenly, your ears began to buzz like crazy and your head became too heavy for your body with a piercing headache. You grabbed your head and bent down in pain.

Lily wrapped her arms around you to support you from falling "Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

Ignoring her due to the feeling of your head being squashed, you started hearing whispers of all sorts. Someone was trying to contact you but with an intention of pain. Squeezing your head in agony, you opened your eyes to see a hooded figure stand among the crowd. It was looking at you.

"There's someone there!" - with deep effort, you pointed out the figure.

It caught Lily and Gideon's attention just in time as they turned around and sprinted after the figure. When the hooded being was out of sight, followed by the two order members, the pain in your head went away and you stood up, running after that same shadow.

It led the three of you into a long alleyway with no people then suddenly stopped. It turned around and took of its hood. it was a man of a strange face, with plenty of scars and wounds. To your relief, it was not the infamous Tom Riddle.

Lily and Gideon took out their wands and pointed them at the shadow.

When you caught up properly, you pulled out yours "What do you want?"

Suddenly, the figure let out the most vile, disgusting smile with his rotten teeth "Distraction." - then poof. He turned into smoke and dissolved in thin air.

Then tenths of cloaked figures emerged from shadows, doubling into hundreds, surrounding you from all sides of the alleyway, even the rooftop.

"It's an ambush!" - Lily yelled

"We can't fight them all off!" - Gideon added

Concentrating, you looked around with your wand ready to disarm anyone. "Haven't you heard, Mr. Prewett? it's not the quantity, it's the quality that matters"

You've noticed the cloaked figures make room for someone coming through. The three of your eyes were fixed on this man. It was Mortier.

Last thing you saw was his smile before he disarmed you with one movement. 

"Crucio..." - he whispered

You felt your body instantly rip as the bones inside your body cracked like twigs and your blood rushed from one side to another as if desperately looking for a way out.

Becoming weaker and weaker due to pain, you felt yourself on a verge of passing out. And when that agony took over your whole body, it suddenly disappeared as if you felt nothing.

Through the ringing in your ears, you could faintly hear one of the cloaked figures shout "DEATH EATERS!"

laid on the ground, you could only see the dark sky, watching green flashes dance back and forth as if it was lightning. The piles of black smoke in the air flew around, butchering any cloaked figure. Mortier instantly realized his army was outnumbered, cowardly retreating to safety by teleporting away.

Barely able to keep your eyes open, you felt two arms pick you up. It was hard to look at the face

"Uh.. Lily? Is that you?" - you wrapped your arm around their neck, awaiting for a reply but it was radio silent. Before you passed out you saw a glimpse of the short, dark hair and redish-blue eyes.

--Sometime later, you woke up in your bed--

Was it a dream? No. It couldn't have been, you still felt the pain rip through your body.

When bang ,  your door got burst open.

Incredibly worried, Lily and Sirius entered your room

"Oh thank god you're okay!" - Lily ran towards you "We were outnumbered by all... as soon as we saw death eaters all around us, me and Gideon tried to get you but you were gone! How did you escape? You were in such a bad condition"

"Huh?" - you looked confused "You mean you and Gideon didn't bring me home?"

"No." - Lily looked even more worried "You were already gone. We were lucky to escape after..."

"Oh... so it wasn't a dream..." - you laid your head back on your pillow and couldn't help but feel yourself drift away.