Part 78 Take My Hand

You looked at your watch. It was just a couple hours before the wedding. 

As Lily was getting dressed inside the Weasley house, everyone else were running around and preparing decorations. Magic, of course, saved a lot of trouble as sorcerers would use their wands for help.

The wedding ceremony itself was supposed to take place at a local chapel not far from Godric's Hollow and everyone was looking forward to it.

You already had your hair wrapped in a bun as the tight, sleeveless, dark blue dress enclosed around your body. 

You were shaky. It wasn't your wedding but you still felt nervous as hell. This was such an important thing to witness. Anxiously, you were pacing back and forth inside the living room, awaiting for the time to pass. 

Molly walked in holding a glass of butterbeer "Would you like some, honey?" - her eyes glinted with friendly delight

"No, thank you"

She placed the glass on the table next to you then placed her arms on each of your shoulder "She'll be fine"

"I know she will" - you exhaled "Does she not need our help getting ready though?"

"Oh, you know her. Stubborn and independent" - her eyes twinkled as she waved it off with her hand. "I will be right back, though. I promised to help Arthur with some cooking" 

"Hey, Molly" - you stopped her before she would step out of the room "Don't overwork yourself. For the baby."

"Don't worry about me" - she smiled

"Have you thought about what you were going to name it?"

"Many ideas come to my head" 

"Let me guess. Such like Bill?"

She looked dismayed "How did you know?"

"Lucky guess."

She shot you a suspicious glare before she left you alone. As you were making adjustments to your dress and hair, you noticed a black owl fly in through a window, clenching an envelope inside its beak. It delivered the letter straight into your arms then flapped its wings and flew away. The paper cover had your name written on it.

As you opened to read the letter, you suddenly felt a presence behind you, also briefly spotting their shadow. 

In your heels, you twirled around to see cloaked Tom Riddle who had freshly and stealthily apparited into the house.

"Jesus, Merlin!" - you jumped, grabbing onto your heart "You scared me!' - you looked around "Someone can see you!"

Without uttering a word, he approached you, swiftly grabbed your hand and instantly teleported out of the house. Due to the sudden pressured force, you dropped the letter out of your hands before you could even read a word. Open, it gently fell on the floor.

You suddenly found yourself in a strange place, caught in midst of the pouring rain and thunder that dripped over your makeup, the surface below your feet was rocky as you realized you were basically out in the middle of nowhere, somewhere between the storming sea and a cave of some sort.

"TOM!" - you yelled "Lily is getting married soon! I have to be there, I have to get back!"

"Forget about your mudblood friend. This is more important."

"What?" - you slapped his shoulder "You ignorant, littl-----"

He seized your arm, squeezing it tightly by the forearm "You will not speak to me like that." - watching your dismayed face, his expression suddenly loosened, as if he had realized how he was acting "I need you here." - he let go of your arm "I need your blood."

"My-My what?" - your eyes expanded in shock "Why?"

"The dark arts require such sacrifices." - he stated "May I take your hand?"

You shook your head, taking a glance at the cave with a thin entrance 

You gulped. You hadn't been around The dark lord in the future, therefore you didn't know what lied within there. You were oblivious, but still scared. In your heart, you felt uneasy.

"Do not be afraid." - he took your arm and led you inside.

Already within the walls, he held out your arm and with the tip of his wand, he turned a local rock into a razor sharp blade, cutting the palm of your hand then smearing it around the rocky wall, revealing a hidden entrance to the deeper inside.

Anxious, you felt your heart start to rapidly race. With the healthy hand, you grabbed onto his cloak, stopping him from proceeding to go on "Why did you bring me here? Why my blood and not yours?"

He coldly glared "Testing purposes."

Meanwhile, back in the Weasley house...

All dressed up in a beautiful, white gown, Lily carefully marched down the stairs, touching the ledge with her white, silk, elbow-length gloves. She was being very cautious about not letting James see her.

Freshly entered the hallway, Molly stopped and gasped at the sight of her "Lily!" - she yelped, as if about to cry "You look stunning"

"Thank you" - she flashed a genuine smile "Have you seen y/n?"

"Oh" - she nodded "Yes, she was just right in the living room."

"Can you tell her to come up to me? I don't want James to see me like this. I want to see his face before the vows but he could catch me down here"

"Of course, you go up" - Molly waved Lilly off with her hand.

As Lily carefully, in her white heels went back up the stairs, Molly had gone to look for you inside the living room. But to her shock, you were not there. However, she did notice the piece of paper laid down on the ground. Molly kneeled down and picked up the envelope, inspecting every word written on it.

Molly read it and rushed up the stairs to inform Lily.

"I'm afraid she's gone..." - Weasley stated

"What do you mean gone?" - she looked shocked

Molly handed Lily the letter she found. Curiously, the ginger bride opened it and as she started to read through it, her face dimmed with disappointment.

Seeing the sudden glint in Lily's eyes, Molly uttered "Maybe there is a better explanation..."

"When it says here?" - Lily replied, feeling mixed about this. The inner conflict inside herself was strong. She loved your friendship more than anything and the fact that you were like a second sister to her who had also abandoned her wedding cut her deep. She sighed before quoting the words in the letter "We shall urgently await for you at the awards ceremony" 

"Do you honestly think she would ditch your wedding to receive an award?"

Hurt, Lilys' disappointed lips whispered "No... but... I can't be so sure"