|04| first day

A familiar girl walks into the room clutching onto the handles of her backpack. My eyes widen once I recognise her face. That's the girl I helped at school the other day!

"Gretchen, come." Taehyung orders. The girl follows like an obedient puppy, avoiding eye contact with us.

"This is the new girl, show her around." I can tell she's very shy, despite the fact that we attend the same school. "Hi Gretchen, I'm Lilo." I smile once he leaves the room.

"I-I know." She nods shyly. "We're in the same year."

"Oh. Well you don't have to be shy around me. This isn't school, we're friends now."

"Y-you're right. Sorry, I get nervous around people, but you seem nice."

Future author:
GRETCHEN IN NOT LISA GEEZ 😭
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

Gretchen gave me a brief tour of the cafe. The door in the diner leads to the kitchen. The kitchen seems to connect to a hallway, but we didn't tour that part. There is also a bathroom for the customers.

The door chime rings again, and incomes another girl.

She's a super cute short girl wearing a yellow short sleeve crop top and baggy overalls. She looks Asian, has pale skin, big round brown eyes, a wide smile and long straight blonde hair with bangs.

Before I can greet her the girl takes one look at me and drops all of her belongings, followed by a long dramatic gasp.

"Is this the new girl?! NO WAY!" Her voice is fast. She leaps in front of me and shakes my hand. "Omg this is so exciting! Hi my name is Teddy, like the bear! Only not a bear! Teddy Lazowski, and you're Weelo right? Pleasure to meet you!"

"Actually it's Lilo..." I chuckle.

"Ohhh yeah that makes more sense that's so cool I love your name omg It's super cute! Finally we have more people here, it was starting to get super boring!" I laugh at her hyperactiveness. Gretchen looks at the clock and points. "The cafe opens in a few minutes."

"Then off to the changing room! Race ya!" Teddy zooms into the changing room and Gretchen follows behind, which reminds me that I've been holding this pink box the whole time. I wonder what this uniform will look like...

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

It seems a little strange having to change at work instead of at home, especially when there's always a man here, or if there are male workers coming soon. There could be a secret hole in the wall that they use to watch us change, or a hidden camera. Who knows.

"Come on Lilo let's see how you look!" Teddy calls from outside. I'm the last to finish getting changed, but once I stepped out they both stare at me.

The uniform is a pink button-up t-shirt, white high waisted shorts, pink socks and white boots. I look at Teddy and Gretchen's uniforms and theirs look like mine with their own twists to it. Instead of a pink shirt and pink socks like mine, Teddy's are yellow, and Gretchen's are green with baggier shorts.

"Oh Lilo, you look amazing!"

"It looks okay... but these shorts are a little tight. Feels like my ass will show if I bend over too far." I tug at the bottom.

"You get used to it." Teddy shrugs, flipping the closed sign to say 'open'. "You're going to love it here Lilo, I promise!"

The door opens, making Teddy jump with joy. "Winter's here!"

"Winter? But it's spring."

A beautiful girl strolls into the cafe late without a care. She has the tall long-legged body shape of a model, pale skin and dark eyes. She takes off her motorcycle helmet and fluffs her extra long raven hair.