|22| fight

Vote if you want Lilo to dump Tye 🤭

"So, how do you like the new girl?" Taehyung smirks at me, not looking up from the cake he's baking on the kitchen island. I lean back on a counter with folded arms and legs crossed, shooting him an unamused glare in return.

He raises his head at me with my silence, then lowers it again and snickers. "Don't like her?"

"You know I don't. How can I when she literally does nothing all day and insults me non stop?" I look out of the kitchen door to see her sitting at her regular table and sipping some morning tea. "I don't think this is the place for her. She's just too lazy and mean."

Taehyung raises his eyebrow. "You're mean to me, and I haven't fired you yet."

Yet?

"I just don't like her, okay? There are so many hard-working girls that come here that are more employabl—"

"To be honest this bitchy attitude if yours is getting annoying. I'm the boss around here, not you, so whether you like her or not isn't losing me any money. If I say she's staying then she's staying."

I look back a little shocked that he called me bitchy... t-that's not even true.

"I'm not being a bitch. Whatever, you're just bias towards her because of the relationship between your dads."

Taehyung's whole body freezes at my final word.

"She said her dad was close with yours, so you're doing this favour for him. But that's no reason to let her do whatever she wants while we slave away!" I throw my hand out and crease forward.

He swallows his saliva and resumes what he's doing.

"We're done talking."

My back straightens slightly, retracting my open arm as my expression softens in confusion.

"What do you mean we're—!"

"I said we're done talking." His eyes pierce into mine intimidatingly. Slightly frightened by his glare (but not showing it), I clench my jaw tight and leave the kitchen.

Gretchen pours tea into a cup for Chrys when I enter the diner. Her table is now customised to her taste with a small saucer of biscuits and an expensive tea set. The china seems more delicate and expensive than the ones we use here, so I assume she brought them from home.

Her uniform is also altered. Instead of wearing white shorts like us she wears a white pleated mini skirt and pretty flats instead of boots.

"Gretchen what are you doing?" My hands hook my hips, my voice asking densely. She smiles at me shyly, "Yesterday Chrys said Teddy's tea was gross. Apparently mine are better."

"Gretchen, don't be gullible. That's just a way for you to be her personal maid." I pull her away by her elbow.

"That's not true, Gretch." Chrys smiles "I like you, if you were prettier I think we could be good friends."

"T-thank you?" She answers unsurely, then walks away with the teapot. Chrys lifts the teacup to her lips but stops and looks at the floor around my feet, then clicks her tongue and shakes her head disapprovingly.