|68| home, new, home

10 PARTS UNTIL THIS STORY ENDS OMGG

Oh & drop a vote lovelies! (Come on I shouldn't have to remind you at this point...)

Since I no longer have work, I'm free to spend the following afternoon at Mina's house like we used to. My parents are also away for the next three weeks, so I have endless time to kill here.

The TV news station plays in the background as I sit comfortably on the living room couch with a laptop straddling my lap.

"—So if you're out there and know the last known whereabouts of local nineteen-year-old, Chloe Bassett, contact the authorities or dial the number below—"

The girl on the screen has medium length brunette hair, brown eyes and white skin, pretty vague features. I always hated the news, always so depressing, but I hope she's found soon.

Mina skips into the room and switches over the channel casually, loudly munching on potato chips to an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashian's. My head lifts from behind my laptop and lips purse, "How can you watch this garbage?"

"What do you mean? It's good."

"I think if I wanted to watch plastic talk I'd go to ToysRus," I laugh.

"Oh stop hating." She flops her hand with a full mouth.

I redirect my attention to my keyboard and punch in the name of the restaurant. Bluebell Cuisine. Mina leans in to steal a glance as I click on the first image result. The exterior of the building is dark and glossy, rimmed with golden spotlights and candles to look more warming and night-life. There's a gold italic sign as well as plants and vines that adorn the entrance.

"This is the place right?"

"Mmm... Yep, that's it."

"Damn. This looks way out of my league. I wonder why they'd want me? I'm just an ordinary cafe waitress... Well ex-waitress."

"Maybe you served somebody who works for Bluebell and they were impressed by you."

"Maybe," I breathe out, pushing the laptop from my elongated legs to rub my temple. "I don't know... Isn't this sketchy? I want to make sure I'm not rushing into anything just to get over Taehyung. Plus I don't need any more money. I don't know, perhaps I'm overstressing this."

"Like I told you, making more money is always good. And these people look like they pay very nicely. It's not like it's some dingy marketplace, Bluebell is very well known, hardly sketchy."

We both fall into silence, staring at the image in deep thought.

"I think you should do it. If there's no going back to the cafe then why not?" She then asks, "...Lilo, do remember our conversation ten months ago?" I furrow my eyebrows, hoping she'll elaborate.

"We were sitting at school and you were panicking about finding a job, so I encouraged you to work at the cafe and you ended up loving it and made great friends. What's to say you won't make more friends here?"

I take a deep breath before a warming smile spreads over my face.

"Alright, I'll give them a call."

"That's my girl! Do it, see what they say!"

"Okay okay!" I laugh and take out the business card from my pocket.