|59| family dinner

A special BTS member appears in this chapter... SO VOTE FOR THIS FAN SERVICE IM BRINGING YOU SKSKSJ

I fluff my now curled hair in the mirror, brushing away a few loose strands that vine over my chest. My hands slide up my hips while I turn to examine the sparkly white dress from behind. It hugs my form perfectly, a hand-me-down from Chrys of course. I also borrowed a pair of my mom's diamond earrings to match the outfit, hopefully I'm not too overdressed.

A frown lingers on my face as I evaluate the outfit. I haven't been feeling like myself lately, in fact I don't even want to go to this stupid dinner. I cheated on Tye with someone my good friend is in love with, then found out my dog passed away. And to make things worse, school starts in a few days. We may only have a few weeks left until college, but I seriously don't feel like going back.

My eyes land on the picture taped to the wall, a new addition to a map of mostly Polaroid's. It's the most recent photo I have of Margo and I, I made sure to stick it right next to a similar one we took when I was seven.

It's crazy how much a dog can impact your life the way Margo impacted mine. He was always by my side, so many birthdays...so many Christmas'... no matter what, he was there. He made me feel protected even though he wouldn't hurt a fly. I always hear him in my home barking at squirrels through the window or jump scaring the mailman, but there was silence today. It wasn't until then it hit me that he was gone.

My fingers stroke down the edges of the photo, gaze locking onto Margo's huge beady eyes. I'm so sorry I wasn't with you in the end buddy.

I avert my focus to the necklace that sparkles on my dresser. It's pretty much the only one I wear, The gift from him. I sigh and fluff my hair again in the mirror. Even though it matches my dress perfectly, I'm not going to wear it tonight.

"Lilo hurry up and get ready, we have to leave in ten minutes!" My mom blindly rams into my room, steals the eyeliner from my vanity and runs back into the bathroom.

"Mom I'm practically ready, you haven't even started your makeup."

*Ding dong!"

That's him.

I don't know how I can face him after that night... How I can pretend nothing happened when so much did. But I'll have to try.

Picking up a pair of stiletto heels, I make my way downstairs to answer the door but my dad gets to it first.

Tye stands at the door with a single rose in his hand. The greeting smile on his face immediately erases when he's met with my father instead of me. The rose is red, but it's so dark it looks more black.

"G-good evening sir. I'm Tye, Lilo's boyfriend."

"Yeah... I remember you." He scowls at Tye through squinted eyes, piercing through his soul as he shakes his hand, crippling his bones in the process. Tye's eyebrows raise with deniable pain.

"That rose better be for me son."

"Oh I... Y-yes, it is." He holds out his arm.

My dad walks away with the rose. I make my presence known by leaning on Tye's shoulder to slip on my heels.

"Hey babe." He places a peck on my cheek, to which I lightly smile to. "I Uh... I bought a rose but your dad took it."

"It's fine... You look nice." With a soft voice, I nod at his all-black suit and white tie that matches my dress. "And you look as beautiful as always. How am I supposed to focus on the food?" He laughs, making me tilt my head while I fiddle with the buckle around my ankle.