|27| Mr nice guy

I leave the changing cabin and approach the girls who are invested in their volleyball game. "Score! We win!" Teddy high fives Winter.

"You cheated!" Mina points.

"Can I play?" I say nervously. The girls all pause and look at me with confused expressions.

"Uh... Lilo where's your bikini?" Mina asks. I feel their eyes trace down my outfit that consists of the same baggy white t-shirt and shorts.

"It uh..." I scratch my head and look back at Taehyung who's relaxingly lying on his sunbed. He smirks before I roll my eyes back and face the girls.

"I forgot it at home, sorry."

The girls all look at each other. "It's fine, come play with us!" Teddy says, making me smile and join in on the game.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ☀️
—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

We've been here for a few hours now, I've pretty much napped the whole time with my earphones in and hands behind my head. After volleyball, the girls went into the sea to splash around and take selfies, but Lilo didn't join in because of her clothes. I don't know where she went though. As for Chrys, she's been peacefully sunbathing next to me until—

"AHHHH!"

Two little boys come running past with water guns blazing at her, making her jump and run away screaming. I shift a little to dodge the splashes.

"Ugh, stupid little twerps!!!" She stomps while the kids flee completely. I can't help but snicker.

"Ugh, I hate kids. Why did we have to come to this stupid beach?" She scoffs and dries herself aggressively.

I pull out an earbud and reply, "You know you didn't have to come."

"Shut up, I didn't ask your opinion."

I watch as she dries herself for a while. Looking at Chrys reminds me a lot of her father, they look so much alike. She doesn't even realise how close I was to him, how much history we have. I doubt she ever would.

"So two weeks ago," I begin, "You actually went over to Lilo's house?"

"I didn't have a choice. You told me I should apologise."

"Nope, I only told you to be nicer. You apologised all on your own."

She freezes before showing me a scowl.

"W-whatever. Let's not speak of it again, she's still a street urchin." She lies back down and resumes tanning.

I look down at my feet before plugging back in my earphones and smirking to the music. Somebody's finally changing.

—LILO'S POV—

I decided to go to the other side of the beach where it's more empty. I didn't want to get in the water and completely soak my outfit knowing I'd have to get in the car and wear it on the way home.

And after what Taehyung did today, I couldn't stand to be around him either. Because of him I got all excited to wear my bikini for nothing.

My arms wrap around my legs so that my knees are clipping my chin. I sit amongst a rock in a line of many, tossing another pebble into the sea and watching the small impact it gives. The sounds of waves, seagulls and children's laughter runs around my ears.

"Lilo?" I look up to see Jimin who takes a seat next to me, "Why are you all the way out here by yourself?"

"Oh I just... came to watch the waves and daydream I guess." I toss another pebble into the ocean.