|53| birthday boy

Thanks you to everyone who's been leaving votes thus far, I really do appreciate it! Pls continue to show my support! I don't get paid lol...

—TAEHYUNG'S POV—
—DREAM—

She skips playfully around the base of my stepping stool, pawing her way up my leg for a taste of the sugary cake mix.

"Nooo Tannie, you cant have any. This is for mommy's birthday!" I wave my index finger.

She proceeds to bark in hunger, so with a sigh, I scoop a finger along the bowl and crouch to let the small dog lick away the mixture. The cold, wet and gritty sensation of her tongue tickles my skin rapidly, forcing a few giggles out of my mouth.

"Okay okay, I have to get back to baking now..."

I retract my hand and turn back to the bowl only to find it empty. Everything I spent the last few minutes stirring has just vanished. I tilt my head in confusion before sinking my face deeper into the bowl for a clearer look. The bowl is completely dry?

Weird.

"Tannie, where did— *Gasp!*"

The innocently cute puppy that was just behind me now lays dead, her eyes wide open and guts exposed through her torn skin. The decor of the kitchen filters black and red while a puddle of blood spreads beneath her.

"Tannie?!" I reach out my arm before a thick, sugary wall of dough stretches over me to imprison my arms and legs. The next thing I know I'm trapped in a bubble of dough, desperately punching my way out.

"Help! Get me out of this!" I struggle. The dough wall finally rips, allowing me to see a lit birthday candle sticking out of Yeontan's mauled stomach. My parents sit on their knees with hands on their laps at each side of her corpse. A wide smile on both their faces.

"Don't be scared son... What did I tell you? We are merely in your dreams... We won't hurt you my boy." My father says robotically, "Now, make a wish."

I turn to my mom who smiles at me with empty orbs, "Happy birthday dear."

I join them, sitting on my knees and letting the cold sticky blood soak into my silk pyjama pants. My body leans forward as I close my eyes and blow out the candle, the dart of my breath echoing loudly and causing the room to turn pitch black.

"Mom? Dad? Tannie...?" My feet begin to run around the dark endless void, I feel myself aging into an adult the more steps I take. That's when I spot Mulan, walking towards me in black lingerie and matching large angel wings that drag behind her. She stands close, digging her sharp nails into each side of my cheeks and licking my lower lip sensually.

"Kiss me, birthday boy..." Her teeth mold into fangs and nails create thin streaks of blood down my face.

"Get off me!" I push her away by the shoulders and continue running, my pants sound like they're playing on speakers.

"Tae?"

When I stop to turn around, Lilo stands in the distance, frightened by the sight of my bleeding cheeks. A dark and smoky group of monsters begin to creep up behind her, their eyes like a dragon's and laughter sounds similar to witches.

"L-Lilo move from there..."

"What happened to your face? Are you hurt? Tae what's going on?"

She can't hear me...

That's when the monsters engulf her from behind, her echoed screams smashing against my ears like broken glass. "LILOOO!"

—END DREAM—