EPILOGUE PT. 1

—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

White orchids and roses vine around the large picture frame, its easel not standing far from the glossy black coffin. Sergio's picture welcomes all as his family come to pay their respects.

I stand at the back of the church wearing a black suit and shiny designer loafers, my hair dyed jet black to match the event. Being here doesn't feel right. I don't have the heart to go near the coffin, not after it's my fault... This is becoming a repeat of my father.

Except Sergio stood by me that time.

And here I am now. Staring at his grave, alone.

As if my presence were no longer invisible, an old lady and middle-aged lady approach me with linked arms. Sergio's mother and sister.

"Hello Mrs. Pennyworth. Ms. Pennyworth." I bow.

Immediately, the old woman breaks down into tears. I freeze awkwardly with wide eyes as she hides her face with a tissue. My teeth clench and lips tuck.

"Mon fils... était un bon garçon. pourquoi est-ce arrivé? Qui aurait pu faire une telle chose?"
[My son was a good boy. Why did this have to happen? Who could have done such a thing?]

My eyes droop. I try to force a faint smile but it lasts as long as a blink.

"Quelqu'un horrible, je suis sûr." I reply.
[Somebody awful, I'm sure.]

The frail woman crumbles even more, forcing Sergio's sister to hug her and speaks on their mother's behalf.

"Mon Frère... He always spoke of you. He saw you as the son he never had. Please keep our family in your thoughts."

I smile faintly and nod before the pair walk off. If guilt had never eaten me alive, it certainly was now.

And that's when I notice somebody in the distance.

She stands by the coffin alone, unlike the rest of the family that had gone up in groups. Nobody stands around her. Nobody talks to her or rests a hand on her shoulder. She just stands there with her arms clenched to her chest, alone. My eyes droop once more as I exhale lightly and head towards Chrys.

She doesn't move or look around, already sensing my presence beside her. Her body models a luxurious black skirt dress with dark tights and flats. A black lace veil and feathered hat hang over her head.

I look down at her chest where she clutches a single black rose and hesitantly places it on the metal lid.

"Daddy..." She croaks. Her arm falls by her side like a feather.

The second I notice tears forming in her eyes I place my hand at the back of her head and turn her body into mine. Chrys breaks down into my chest, curling my pressed suit in her fists while tears stream down my shirt.

I lick my lips and inhale deeply, trying to fight back forming tears, but it's so hard with Sergio's photo-frame greeting me behind Chrys' back. I can't help but let a teardrop escape my eye.

—AUTHOR'S POV—

The cafe diner is bare and practically empty. Almost every table is removed from the room, as well as it's colorful decorations and girls' personal belongings. Teddy, Gretchen, Winter, Jungkook and Jimin move back and forth, shifting the remaining furniture and packing everything into cardboard boxes.