|17| jealous

Just here to remind you to vote! 😗 *slides you $20*

"Lilo, can I talk to you?"

I stop chatting with Mina in the hallway of our lockers to catch Tye tapping me on the shoulder. "Okay," I nod. As I follow him through the hallway my eyes gaze out of the windows. The weather is much better than a couple of days ago, I'm happy to see the sun shining bright again.

Tye takes me to an empty classroom and shuts the door behind us. I take off bag my and sit on a desk before he sits on the desk beside me, intertwining his fingers.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I ask.

"So... the other night. When we were all at the cafe. I want to know your relationship with your boss."

"What do you mean? He's my boss... It's the same as any relationship between a worker and their manager. If anything we're more distant because of how much we dislike each other, in fact every time we're together we're bickering."

"Then why were you alone together in the kitchen?"

"Tye what are you even talking about?"

"You don't remember?"

"I don't remember anything after playing the games. But I don't exactly need to remember the whole night to know that I would never voluntarily be alone with a jerk like him."

Tye looks away at another desk for a moment, before gulping and looking back at me with a somewhat forced smile.

"You're right. Now that I think about it I think I was just hearing things."

"Yeah..." I nod unsurely. "Tye, I don't want you to feel threatened or that I don't like you. I like you a lot, I don't want small things to break us up."

"So does that mean we're dating?" He lifts an eyebrow.

"Before I can answer that, I actually have something I want to ask you too."

He thinks I forgot. When really it hasn't left my mind. I was awkward about confronting him about it since we weren't officially dating, but since we're talking now I might as well bring it up.

"Which is?"

"We were playing never have I ever. Jimin asked if anyone had cheated, and you took a shot..."

"Oh, you remember that..." He looks away.

"You told me you had never had a girlfriend before. Care to explain?"

Tye sighs and looks back at the door to see if anybody's going to come in before elaborating.

"It's true. I did have a girlfriend about two years ago. It was long distance, but I still checked up on her every day and thought about her a lot. She had to move away with her family, but she was a classmate and a childhood friend of mine. One day I was really stressed and she hadn't been returning my calls. So I went to a bar with my friends from my old school. I kept thinking about her until another girl sat beside me and comforted me, she kept telling me she would take my stresses away. Before I knew it I had kissed her."

I stare at Tye as he tells the story. I don't know what to think right now. The circumstances aren't as bad as I thought, but cheating is still cheating.

"When my girlfriend got back to me, she was so excited to tell me she would finally be coming back so she could see me. I couldn't tell her what happened, so kept it from her for a month. But the night before she was supposed to get on her plain I couldn't take it anymore, and so I told her. She broke down crying and never spoke to me again."