|42| trespasser

I'm ngl... Lilo's gonna annoy you but YOU STILL LIKE THE STORY SO INSERT THEM VOTES ⭐️

—AUTHOR'S POV—

"Okay I'll admit... I'm starting to freak out." Winter tugs at her hair, "—And would you quit breathing like that!"

"S-sorry, I'm a little dizzy..." Jungkook pants on the floor. The vague tune of classical music echoes from the speakers and through the walls.

"Aw I'm missing the waltz! Kimmy and I were supposed to do this dance together. What kind of mansion has a busted elevator?!"

Winter sighs and tries again to call for help. "Can anyone hear us?! Hello! ...Dammit, still no response. We're too low underground."

"I know! I'll try prying the doors open. I should be strong enough." Jungkook proposes. He stands up with rolled sleeves and latches his fingers between the doors. Prominent veins bulge from his defined biceps and neck.

Despite his strength, the doors only manage to part a few inches. "C'mon help me out here!"

Winter pulls on the other door, as if angels heard their prayers a gap starts to form. "I-it's opening!" Winter smiles. With every shred of strength they have left, the two finally rip the doors apart, only to reveal a concrete wall in front of them.

Winter stares at the wall with a poker face while Jungkook throws a shoe at it in anger, "OH COME ON!"

—LILO'S POV—

A hand falls on the bare skin of my shoulder, I whip my head around to see Jimin appear in front of me.

"There you are, it's so hard to find people in this place. Are you okay? I saw you talking to Taehyung for a while."

"Oh yeah I'm fine, just daydreaming. So how was your chat? Did you meet any nice girls?"

"I mean, they were nice..."

"Get any numbers?" My eyebrows bounce eagerly, Jimin laughs whilst looking around the room in embarrassment and running a hand through his dark locks.

"Hey don't make me all flustered. All I said was they were nice," he chuckles, "a little snobby for my taste, but nice."

"I just want the best for you. You deserve to meet a beautiful girl."

He smiles at me with those pearly whites of his.

"You don't have to worry about that."

Classical music suddenly plays through the speakers. Everybody around holds hands in pairs and makes their way to the centre of the room, dancing to the song like robots.

"What are they doing?" My eyebrows furrow.

"It's called the waltz. We would learn this back in dance school, it's fun."

"Wow I wish I could do that."

Jimin smiles at me again, cocking his head to the dance floor and holding out his palm.

"Let's give it a shot."

"What? N-no way!" I wave two hands, "Do you want me to make a fool of myself?! Believe me, as soon as I take one step I'll trip and fall—"

"I'll catch you." Jimin's hand gently pulls mine, the two of us comb our way to the centre of the room.

As much as my heart is beating fast I try to mentally calm myself. Jimin is amazingly talented at all kinds of dance, so I trust him to guide me.

Once we stand in position he slips a hand around my waist, the other folds around my hand. We fall into the tempo of everyone around us. This is surprisingly easier than I thought.