|77| inseperable

"TAEHYUNG!!!!!!"

I scream his name, as if hoping my wail will somehow calm the fiery blaze. My body desperately scrambles trying to get a view of the driver's seat, but the flames drape like curtains.

The most I find are three silver rings scattered on the burnt grass, the rings Taehyung wore.

He buckled my seatbelt instead of his...

Tae...

I squat with my face buried in my palms, letting solid tears flow through my webs. He can't be... Not him...

That's when I spot something in the distance. A body laid flat with an arched knee, a blood trail left behind.

Without losing eye contact, I rush over to the figure. My pace and breath quicken the closer I get.

His eyes and lips remain sealed, blood plastered over his face like a cobweb and his once white shirt now crimson. "Taehyung?! Tae!! Can you hear me?! It's me, Lilo!" I grip his shoulders. His arms and neck are completely limp, moving every time I touch them. I shake my head with tears fogging my eyes.

With no time to think, I lower myself and press our lips together, forcing as much oxygen into his mouth as I can.

After a couple of seconds I overlap my palms on his chest and press.

"Come on.... come on come on come on—" I press my lips back on his.

I've never had to do this before, but I have to try something. Anything.

My pumps on his chest get sloppier the more exhausted I become, I feel my lips beginning to swell as well.

"COME ON!!" I reconnect our lips, then bounce his chest more heavily. Beads of blood streak down his forehead at my movement. His face isn't changing...

"Taehyung please..."

Before my lips can land on his again, my arm is gripped tightly, like the hand had been struck by lightning. Taehyung's eyes and body jolt awake before I'm clouded with chalky coughs.

"Agh..!" He holds his rib and twists uncomfortably. I look down to the gunshot wound Jaebum had caused earlier that is now leaking with much more blood. My eyes widen with confusion as to what I should do, but then Taehyung squeezes my upper arm again.

"You... you have... to.... cauterize it...."

"I have to what?? What does that mean??"

"Find something sharp..... then burn it..... hurry...." His eyes begin to roll back behind drifted lids.

"N-no stay awake! I'll find something, just don't die!"

Okay okay... Something sharp...

As if a lightbulb popped over my head, I quickly reach into my pocket and flip out the pocket knife Jaebum had used on me. I then look at the angry fire behind me and run to it.

Once I'm close enough I reach my arm out, trying my best not to fall into the flames, and let the tip of the knife burn until the silver is a hot molten yellow. Heat wraps around my arm like a sleeve in the process, making me grit my teeth fearfully.