|28| campfire

Future future author nim here. Kim Namjoon told me to tell y'all that anyone who don't vote is a wrinkly turtle... 🤭

Jimin and I return to our setup on the beach where the gang are all sitting together, along with a few extra faces I don't recognise.

"Lilo! Jimin! Get over here!" Teddy waves. There are three new guys sitting with them drinking soda's, all wearing colourful open shirts with tank tops underneath, shorts and sandals. They turn around to look at us after Teddy shouts our names.

"Lilo and Jimin, meet Chanyeol, Kai and Baekhyun. They're amazing surfboarders!"

"Nice to meet you." I bow. "Hey." Jimin raises his hand.

Kai seems to keep his trained eyes on me longer than the other two. He scans my body up and down, biting his plump lip and making me feel a little uncomfortable. He smirks before turning back around.

"Come sit guys!" Teddy reels us in with her hand. I sit next to Kai, since it's the last available seat. I notice that Chrys is still peacefully tanning on her sun-bed while Taehyung is fast asleep on the one beside her.

I also notice Mina brushing her nose with Chanyeol's, giggling with him sweetly. Well ,that was a quick relationship.

"Ooo ooo Baekhyun, Tell Lilo what you told us! Go on!" Teddy exclaims.

"Okay okay," He laughs, "We own a beach house just up from here. You guys are invited to stay til' late and we'll cook dinner and eat around the campfire with us. We do it all the time, it's really fun."

"Sounds cool, I'm in." I smile. Kai grins from beside me, I blush as he continues to stare at me, surprised that no one is noticing. How does he even find me cute in this oversized tee and shorts???

"Stop by the beach house at 9 and we'll set everything up." Baekhyun tells Teddy. "Okay!"

He gets up and the other two copy. Chanyeol pecks Mina on the forehead before waving goodbye. Kai starts to walk but stops after one step and turns to me.

"Later Lilo." He gives me a flirtatious wink and walks off.

I sit there awkwardly, not knowing what to expect later. He is really handsome, but I hope he doesn't make a move on me or something. I have a boyfriend.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ☀️

We moved our stuff closer to the beach house since we were having dinner with the surfboarders. It's night time, so the beach is empty and a lot colder than earlier. Everyone has changed back into the clothes they came in.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol have almost finished cooking the buffet on the patio whilst Kai, Jungkook and Jimin are setting up the campfire.

Not long after the cooking was done and everyone gathered around the fire to eat. Some people stood and some people sat, I stood.

"How does it taste?" Baekhyun asks.

"Mmf amazing!" Teddy moans after a bite of the kimchi, making him chuckle.

"Yeah this is really good, thanks guys." Mina nods.

"I can't believe I'm eating around a campfire. I feel homeless." Chrys complains before Jungkook pushes her shoulder lightly, "Oh quit whining, it's fun."

I look amongst the vicious waves crashing onto the shore, I wish I had been to the beach at night sooner, I had no idea how much more relaxing it can be. "Here Lilo." I turn to Kai who hands me a plate full of delicious food.

"Wow that looks great, thanks."

He winks and purposely stands close to me while I eat. Taehyung stands on the opposite side of the fire, his face swirling and wiggling if I look at him from the patterns of the flames. I could be wrong, but I think he notices Kai's behaviour.