|44| invasion of privacy

Some of y'all love to read without voting, huh? 🙃 Well don't be shy to vote, it lets me know my time isn't taken for granted, yk? 💜

Finally it stops. The dealer reads out the number...

"Black 28."

Taehyung stands up and places both hands on the table loudly. His chair screeches against the floor.

"I win. Now give me the girl."

Everyone looks at him in shock, wondering how on Earth he could have guessed that, including me.

Jaebum gawks at him for a moment, then leans into my ear and whispers.

"I'll find you."

The second he pushes me off his lap I run over to Taehyung, swinging both arms around his neck.

It's something I would never do. Something that I never thought I would do. But in a room full of people like this, he's the closest thing I have to safe.

"I was so scared, I-I..." I whisper the same words over his shoulder repeatedly. Stringing together any other sentence triggers more tears to coat my eyes, my throat tightens with every attempt. At first Taehyung's body is frozen, caught off guard by my sudden embrace, but after hearing my quiet cries he wraps his arms around my waist protectively and holds me tight.

"I'm impressed," Jaebum claps slowly.

I immediately back away from Taehyung and wipe a tear that had made it's way to my cheek. Taehyung scowls at Jaebum while he stands on his feet and tucks one hand into his pocket.

"I didn't expect anyone to win on such bets... But unfortunately..."

All the men in the room point their guns at Taehyung and I, making me tug at his sleeve.

"We can't let you two leave."

Taehyung places both hands into his pockets casually, chin high and face as still as stone.

"Actually, only one of us is staying."

Almost every guard in the room redirects their gun to Jaebum.

He scoffs at us with a grin, completely unfazed by the 20 pistols targeting his face.

"Well played Kim. You'll get your money shortly, but for now enjoy the rest of your evening. I'm certain we will meet again."

I guess not wanting to spend another second in there, Taehyung grips my hand hard and pulls me out of the room.

"Ouch not so hard! What just happened in there?!" I whisper-shout. He doesn't say a word, dragging me through the main casino and back to the staircase. My heels can barely manage to keep up with his quick pace.

"You better tell me what's going on right now Taehyung!"

"I'll explain when we get home."

He pulls me upstairs and through the crowd of people until we return to the ballroom.

"It's 1:00, I'm going to find the others so we can get out of here." He says. I raise my eyebrows slightly, surprised that time went so fast. Taehyung waits for my response, I nod unsurely and step away, when Taehyung grabs my arm and pulls me into him, letting his lips meet my ear.