|70| expensive girl

(Le title 😏)
MY FIRST UPDATE OF 2019, EEK HAPPY NEW YEAR! WE HIT 100K ON NEW YEAR'S EVE WAH!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your 2018 and for being a part of mine, I'm happy I met you all

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your 2018 and for being a part of mine, I'm happy I met you all. I hope 2019 will be a year closer to accomplishing our dreams
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

ALSO REMEMBER TO VOTE TF
❄️❄️❄️

When I arrive to work the next afternoon I see William, Charles and Georgina in the diner, but Cassie is nowhere in sight.

"Cassie isn't in today?" I ask awkwardly. They all glare at me as if I've touched on a sensitive topic.

"No. She hasn't called in yet. Mr. Bang is in his office trying to get a hold of her as we speak."

Guilt starts to fill my features when I hear that. I can take a wild guess what had happened. Mr. Bang probably knew Cassie swapped our orders and told her off for it, so she got frustrated and skipped work today. It's my fault she isn't in.

Why is it that this sort of thing keeps happening now? Where I'm a burden to everyone around me? Things never used to be this way... Even without some problematic people in my life, even when I try to be thoughtful of others... This is still the energy I bring everywhere I go. And it hurts.

"Oh... Well I hope she phones in soon." I nod with a weak smile before walking away.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙

I finish wiping the final table clean once the workday is done. I still felt the pressure, but things weren't as disastrous as yesterday. My co-workers all put on their coats and walk to the door in single file. I keep my head low, wiping over the same spot of the table until they've passed.

It's disappointing to know there's such a great wall between my peers and I that I don't feel comfortable to even bid them goodbye. It makes me feel distant, despite only ever being nice to them.

"Lilo, come to my office when you're finished?" Mr. Bang passes by. I put down the rag and remove my gloves,
"Of course. Be right there."

After I've finished tidying up in the diner I knock on Mr. Bang's office door. He stands from his chair and smiles when I enter.

"You're here."

"Yes. Have you heard back from Cassie?"

"It took several calls, but yes. She said she was sick all day and wasn't in the state to phone up. No worries though, she'll be back in tomorrow."

"That's good to hear. I was worried for a moment. So you wanted to see me?"

"Ah yes, you may have seen a couple of boxes in the lounge room. Would you mind helping me carry them into this office? I'm afraid it's harder to manage than I thought at my old age." He chuckles with a hand on his spine.