|36| emergency call

I saw BTS live less than 24 hours ago and now I have severe PCD ;(
[09/10/18] Also in this part the kitten gets called "he/she/it" a lot, that's intentional.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ❄️

REMEMBER TO DROP THAT VOTE!❄️❄️❄️—STILL TAEHYUNG'S POV—

❄️❄️❄️
—STILL TAEHYUNG'S POV—

The steering wheel rotates slowly by the control of my hand. I keep looking down into my lap as I move through the empty road, the kitten wouldn't let me put it down in the passenger seat so I had to keep the jacket on me.

It was hard to find a convenience store around that was open at this hour, but at last, bright pulsing neon liquor signs illuminate the dark street. I get out of my car and enter the store.

A short rhythm of beeps sound when I enter, the man behind the register smiles at me through silver teeth and a prickly grey beard.

After selecting a random cat food boxes from the isle I place it all on the counter. The man scans it while I dig for my wallet.

"Cute kitty. What 'appened to it?" His voice is coarse and raspy, a cigar scent lingering.

"Don't know, I found him like that."

"Well take good care of 'im sir."

I leave the store right after with the boxes bagged and clung to my fist. Next stop, home.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍂

I keep the lights off in my room so the cat isn't startled, but open my shutters enough to get a few streaks of nightlight in. After setting my jacket with the kitten on it on the floor, I pour some of the stinky food onto a plate.

It eats desperately, like it's the first meal in days.

I sit on the end of my bed, legs wide and body leaned forward with my elbows on my thighs. Once it's finished he circles around my jacket, clawing to get a feel on the material before curling up into a ball.

"So I guess I don't get my jacket back, huh?"

Of course there's no response, I fill the silence with a sigh before sitting on my knees on the floor opposite the cat. Our silhouettes are drowned into shadows within the nightly blue room.

She stares at me intensely when I reach out my hand. As soon as I do she jumps and sharply cuts the back of my hand, a loud meow shrieks from its mouth.

"Ah~!" I pull back and hold my wrist, watching the rouge blood swell up in the thin cuts. We exchange long silent stares, its eyes shut slowly and body curls back into a ball of slumber. A small smile curls on my face.