~three~

Davina slams her grimoire closed in frustration. She's been through at least eight of them and hasn't found a single spell that could resurrect someone with the ingredients that she had. After rubbing her temples in frustration, Davina trudges down the stairs to see Hayley, Rebekah, and an older woman in the living room.

"Good morning," she greets awkwardly.

"Hey, D," Rebekah nods. "Agnes is just here to make sure Hayley's baby is healthy."

"I'm sure she's fine," Hayley mutters. "What am I going to do—pop in the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? There's no need for a check-up that could potentially ruin mine and my baby's life.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after hours. Vampires will never get a word of it," Agnes tells her.

"Okay, fine. Bayou baby doctor it is," Hayley agrees. She leaves the room with Agnes.

"So, D, what do you say about helping me do some internet searching through people's attics?"

"Sure, why not?" The two of them start combing through satellite photos of the French Quarter in hopes of finding where Elijah was being stashed.

Klaus walks in just then and laughs. "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in the words 'anonymous attic'?"

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if we have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans," Rebekah retorts.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles," Klaus remarks.

"Well, it's not like the details of the attic have been wiped clean," Davina states. "There were shutters on the window behind Elijah's coffin."

"That surely narrows it down immensely," Klaus smirks, making Davina roll her eyes.

"Shut up."

"Myself, I prefer actual strategy compared to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay to return Elijah makes me suspect that he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Anastasia's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps she'll be open to new alliances."

"Even if she were, I doubt she'd want to partner with you," Davina scoffs.

"And as usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing our brother," Rebekah smiles bitterly.

"I think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home." Davina and Rebekah exchange looks before turning back to the pictures.

———————————————————————————————————

"Sorry, Bex, I'm ditching your night of manual labor for a night out," Davina tells her over the phone. "Kol told me to enjoy myself when I wasn't endlessly searching for ways to bring him back, so that's exactly what I'm going to do."

"Alright, but I found out that this Anastasia girl is probably being held in the Quarter, somewhere close by. I'm gonna scour the city, maybe start with the church."

"Fine. I'll be at the music festival if you need me, so...have fun," Davina replies before hanging up. She smiles and enters Rousseau's, where there's a bunch people drinking and listening to a band play.

"Nice music, huh?"

Davina turns around and sees Camille tending the bar. "Hey, you're here. I mean, I guess you're always here."

"Hah, yeah, I never miss a chance to work while there's an event going on. Booze is cheaper, if you wanted any," she offers.

Davina grins and holds up a finger. "I'll have a shot in a second. So, did you have fun at the Masquerade yesterday?"