~fourty-five~

Davina groans and rolls onto her side since someone was incessantly tapping her on the shoulder.

"Wake up, love. I need you to get dressed," Kol says as he gets her some clothes from her drawer. "Come on, now. Chop, chop. Quickly."

"In case you've never noticed this before," Davina murmurs and stretches her arms. "I'm not a morning person. What's going on?"

"That's a fair question," he sighs and hands her the clothes. "Let's just say that when you brought me back from the dead, apparently, I wasn't alone."

Davina frowns worriedly. "What do you mean?"

"It seems that Finn is back as well," Kol mutters. "Oh, the things I would love to do to him."

"Finn's back," Davina repeats, shocked. She processes this information before covering her face with her hands and groans. Her head flops back on the pillow in frustration. "Where did you see him?"

Kol looks hesitant to tell her this bit but goes on, anyways. "Last night, I was feeling a tad ravenous, so I left the compound to get a bite. He just so happened to be there with that smug look on his face."

"Oh. Okay, um, I'll get dressed and meet you downstairs," she mumbles. Kol nods and leaves the room.

———————————————————————————————————

On her way to Elijah's study, Davina notices Lucien—with a bouquet of flowers—talking with Freya.

"Hmm, flattery will get you everywhere," he exclaims to no one in particular.

Freya just sighs and looks at him in annoyance. "What do you want, Lucien?"

"The question isn't what I want—it's whom. See, I've known the Mikaelsons for one thousand years. But you, Freya, are a new variable, and I can't help but find myself intrigued," Lucien smirks and pulls out the flowers from behind his back, causing Freya to smile despite herself. "Don't tell me you haven't felt the spark between us."

"Huh," is all Davina mumbles to herself before walking to Elijah's study. Kol has just informed Elijah of the news, making him look quite concerned himself.

"Are you quite sure?"

"I saw him with my own eyes. Finn must have come back when Davina resurrected me. The spell was tied to the blood of the Mikaelson line. Either it worked on him, or he found a way to hijack it. Nonetheless, the only how I care about right now is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him," Kol states in an irritated tone.

"Restraint, brother," Elijah advises him. "For now."

"Why? Finn is clearly the one spreading rumors about missing white oak. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork. It's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy."

"You're wrong," Freya says as she enters the room as well. "Those rumors began before either of you returned. Finn's innocent."

Before can Kol retort something, Davina speaks up first. "Freya, I hate to break it to you, but innocent is not how I'd describe Finn."

"He's tried to kill all of us more than once," Kol adds. "He's an enemy of our family."

"He is our family," Freya states. "Finn's return is an opportunity to mend old wounds and fix what's broken."

"He didn't just drop a bloody vase! He murdered me!"

"Some wounds are broken beyond repair," Davina sighs.

"You seem certain," Elijah remarks and approaches Freya, making Kol scoff.

"Are you honestly siding with her?"