~thirty-five~

Davina was watching Freya with interest, as she was sitting cross-legged on a yoga mat.

"Is this your method of calming yourself after a very stressful day?"

"It's surprisingly helpful," Freya informs her as she stands up to do the tree pose. "You should try it some time."

"Right," Davina snorts just as Klaus enters the room.

"What are you doing here," he questions, mainly looking at Freya, who seems annoyed and amused.

"Uh, Davina and I live here, in case you've forgotten," she replies.

"Yes, obviously," Klaus sighs. "I just hadn't realized you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave! Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentleman callers perusing the contents of my refrigerator this morning."

"Your concern for my whereabouts is touching," Freya smirks.

"I simply want to know who is here at any given moment," he exclaims in frustration. "I hardly think that's too much to ask."

An annoyed Hayley followed by Elijah enter the room just then. "Well, as long as we're taking attendance..."

"Oh, good! It's my not-so-loving older brother and my former one-night-stand! What a nice, normal family gathering," Klaus states mockingly.

"Charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you," Hayley tells him with a fake smile.

"Oh-ho, another person is planning Klaus' destruction," Davina chuckles. "How utterly unexpected."

"Why is everyone shoving snark in my face," he grumbles and runs a hand down his face. "This situation needs more opinions. I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy."

Hayley glares at Elijah, while he just smiles in amusement. "I was just getting to that."

"Uh, now would be good," Hayley suggests.

"Well, it appears my old mate, Lucien, has acquired a genuine seer, and in an effort to prove his good intentions, he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff, really—not for the faint of heart," Klaus explains with a roll of his eyes.

"Who's doom are we speaking, exactly? Because if it's yours, I don't think anyone would really be too devastated," Davina murmurs.

"Sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But, chin up! This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving. So, you may just get your wish," Klaus informs them merrily.

"Ooh, I want to meet this psychic witch," Hayley grins. "Tonight."

———————————————————————————————————

Davina and Freya were walking down the street and stop at a small, makeshift bar on the side. Freya orders them two drinks just as Davina's phone rings. She sighs and checks the caller ID, who just happens to be Klaus.

"Yes, Klaus, do you need something," Davina deadpans once she answers.

"Well, a warmer greeting would be a nice start," he suggests.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you not calling because you need something? Because, if so, I'd much rather be pen-pals than phone-friends," she sighs.

"You're absolutely right, love," an unfamiliar voice tells her from the other end. "We need your help. A dear, dear friend of mine has gone missing, and we must find her. Our lives depend on it."