~thirty-three~

Davina rushes back to the compound after Anastasia's ceremony and sees Elijah covering Gia's burnt corpse with a sheet. Camille was finishing up a cup of his blood to heal the wounds on her neck.

"So, now that you have healed and Davina has returned," Elijah prompts, looking furious, "What do you mean Niklaus has a plan? We had a plan! A plan he mercilessly destroyed-"

"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Elijah," Camille interrupts loudly. "When he got in my head, Klaus said your plan would fail, so he had to enact one of his own."

Davina frowns and cocks her head at Camille. "And what exactly is his plan?"

"He has to get her to link to him."

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy?" Elijah looks at her incredulously. "She'll be virtually indestructible!"

"He said I had to convince you that everything he had to do, he had to do alone. You had the wrong ingredients to kill Dahlia, and he has to buy time before he finds the right ones."

"How?"

"He's going to dagger himself."

———————————————————————————————————

Davina's sitting on the floor of the compound, trying to absorb everything that Camille had just told them. Meanwhile, Elijah was staring sadly at Gia's corpse.

"I am sorry about your friend, Elijah," Camille tells him sympathetically.

"Are you?"

"I don't condone Klaus' actions. I was trying to help you. All I know is Klaus will do whatever he has to-"

"Klaus will do whatever he has to for Klaus!" He then gestures to his phone angrily. "Now Hayley isn't answering her phone. What has he done?!"

Rebekah and Marcel suddenly enter the compound, looking just as angry as everyone else. Davina, Elijah, and Camille gape at Rebekah since she was in her real body.

"Don't blame the messenger," Rebekah begins sheepishly.

"Rebekah, how are you...?"

"Looks like Niklaus had a lot on his to-do list. And as for Hayley..."

"What is it?"

"When Klaus attacked me," Marcel sighs, "he stole the spell that I used on the Crescent wolves."

"So you're saying that Klaus was willing to condemn Hayley to be a wolf for almost a whole month," Davina mutters, feeling upset, exasperated, and frustrated. She glances over and sees Elijah practically shaking with anger. "Elijah, Hayley will be human once a month. We can find her and help her."

"No-"

"We need to focus on who needs saving today," Rebekah tells him gently. "Freya called—Dahlia is...incapacitated. They are two hours north at an orchard near Pale River. She has Hope." Elijah then speeds away to go meet with them.

———————————————————————————————————

Elijah, Freya, and Hope have made it back to the compound with the still-daggered Klaus and neutralized Dahlia, where they have laid them on the floor of the living room. Marcel, Davina, and Rebekah are there as well, and Marcel is kneeling to examine Klaus' body.

"Klaus is utterly demented! I mean, would we really dig up Esther, burn her to ash, swap said ash with Kol's, and then trick Ana into using up her last chance to bring someone back from the dead? How—how else would we going to get him back?" Davina rests her head in her hands, devastated about how things were going.