~sixteen~

Davina's currently sitting on a bench with Anastasia and Josh, though she's completely distracted by the information she learned the previous day.

"Josh," Anastasia prompts, sounding nervous. "I think you need to leave town."

"Woah," he exclaims and takes off his sunglasses. "Are you breaking up the three amigos?"

"I'm serious," she sighs.

"I know, serious is kind of your default setting, which is why we all need to stick together, so Davina and I can lighten you up! Ergo, not leaving," Josh tells her.

Davina snaps out of her thoughts and looks at Anastasia curiously. "Why do you want him to leave, anyways? ...Hello? Ana?"

"Um, sorry," she mumbles, breaking her gaze from staring at nothing. "I guess it's witch stuff. Marcel came to me yesterday. He wanted a cloaking spell. He's going to make a move against Klaus. A big move."

"Well, that doesn't sound like a good idea," Davina remarks, making the two of them look at her in confusion. "Yesterday, Hayley almost died, which means his baby almost died. Klaus is going to be on high alert."

"Klaus isn't the only thing we need to be afraid of," Anastasia murmurs. "Look, Josh, if there's a war coming, promise you'll go before you get caught up in it."

"So many problems, so little time," Davina groans.

"What do you mean? How many more problems are there?"

"Nothing you two have to be worried about. I...it's just, the Other Side is collapsing, which sucks..."

Anastasia's eyes widen, knowing what this means. "And you can't start the spell to bring Kol back yet, can you?"

"Nope."

"I know I'm not as powerful as I was before, but if you need any help...even if just to channel me, you're more than welcome to ask," Anastasia tells her.

"I might take you up on that," Davina sighs.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina has shown Anastasia the spell from Esther's grimoire, and the two are studying it in the Lycée when they both hear a voice. Suddenly, Josh is thrown into the room violently. Davina immediately stands up, looking concerned. "Josh?"

"I'm sorry," he gasps.

Both Davina and Anastasia kneel next to him, both equally worried. "What happened?"

"Joshua went and got himself a werewolf bite. Well, technically, a hybrid bite, but it will kill him just the same," Klaus states as he strolls into the room.

"Klaus, you asshole!" Davina glares at him angrily before standing up. "You need to heal him right now."

"Oh, that's only if Anastasia, here, cooperates. After all my overtures of friendship, she has sided with Marcel, once again, forcing me to do horrible things to someone she cares about. But, I'm not without mercy. So, I will cure him if Ana tells me where to find Marcel."

"Why," Anastasia angrily questions. "So you can kill him, too?"

"Marcel chose his path. Seems unfair that Josh should have to suffer for it."

"Ana, please," Josh groans.

"He's at the warehouse at the docks," she relents. "Thierry's place."

"You see? That wasn't so hard, was it?" Klaus begins to walk away, leaving the two witches bewildered.

"The hell, Klaus? What about Josh?"