~sixty-nine~

"These books are useless," Davina groans as she slams another one closed. She, Freya, Anastasia, and Kol had been searching through grimoires for a week but they still haven't found anything to help Hope. Eventually, her sister had to go home.

"We'll find something," Freya murmurs. "We have to."

"How many more books are we going to go through in order to come to the conclusion that there is no fix," Kol asks. "The full moon is right around the corner, and we have been at this for hours on end."

"We can't just give up," Davina mumbles and swipes her hair from her face.

Kol pauses for a moment and then sighs. "It seems as though Nik's got the grand idea of heading towards the dreary town of Mystic Falls."

"He's just going to leave his daughter?"

"No, Elijah will be with her," he states.

"Oh, okay...well, why don't you join them? Hope could have a fun day, bonding with her uncles," Davina shrugs.

"And I'm assuming you'll be joining Klaus on his mission," Freya remarks, staring at her.

"I'm just as desperate as he is."

"Okay. I'll stay here and continue trying to find something in a grimoire. Let me know what you come up with."

———————————————————————————————————

"We believe an inclusive blending of the species here, so outside of full moons, vampires, witches, and werewolves all cohabitate peacefully," Davina hears Caroline explain. She's about to walk over and greet her but Klaus speaks up first.

"Where do you keep the hybrids? In the root cellar?"

Caroline looks at the two of them in surprise. "Excuse me, I just need one minute with my friend and this very lost...new janitor. Come on, Bob. Davina and I will show you the toilets," she says, walking past us.

"You heard her, Bob," Davina chuckles as they follow her. Once they enter an empty room, Caroline stares at them expectantly.

"Seriously? Klaus, you're not exactly a selling point for this place," she points out.

"Oh, because these kids have so many other options," he sarcastically comments.

"I thought we made a deal with you showing up in Mystic Falls."

"That was a long time ago," Klaus reminds her defensively.

"Look, Care, we need your help," Davina explains. "Hope is dying."

"She consumed the dark magic, and now it's consuming her. She won't survive tonight's full moon."

"She triggered her curse?"

"It was my fault," he admits.

"Well, I-I thought that the Crescent wolves could control their transformations," Caroline mumbles.

"Not the first one. It's a rite of passage—unavoidable."

"What do you need from me?"

"Just a type of witch," Davina speaks up. "...from the Gemini coven."

"You can't be serious," she deadpans, knowing Davina was referring to her daughters.

"I need your daughters, Caroline," Klaus says.

"No. No, absolutely not! They're—they're children," Caroline protests.

"Hope's also a child, and she's not going to last much longer," Davina gently tells her. "I know this is hard, but your daughters are siphoner witches. They can siphon magic from one thing-"