~five~

Davina enters the living room, and the first thing she notices is a dead girl on the table. She looks up and sees Elijah and Klaus each sitting on opposite couches with a book in hand.

"Well, it seems a vampire book club is in order," Davina remarks. "And the horderves are spilling on the table."

"Reading edifies the mind, Davina. Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus," Elijah responds, not looking up from his grimoire.

Rebekah barges in just then but stops short when she sees what's going on. "The hell? Why is a girl bleeding all over the rug? This carpet can only be spot-cleaned, you know," she exclaims.

"Calm down, sister. Niklaus offered this to me as a...peace offering," Elijah murmurs.

"I presumed that after spending much time desiccated in a coffin, my big brother might be a big peckish," Klaus shrugs.

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought," Elijah retorts, sounding annoyed. "I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth. Not this nonsense."

"Fat chance," Davina scoffs, making Klaus roll his eyes.

"Well, I couldn't just let her go to waste, now could I?"

"Well, I suppose the rubbish bin will come in handy, because this two hundred year old carpet is going to take many towels to clean," Rebekah grumbles.

"Ah, yes."

———————————————————————————————————

Davina's on her hands and knees, attempting to help Rebekah get the stains out. Rebekah glances over at the book that Klaus is reading and smirks.

"A book about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone's fretting about impending daddy-hood," she sings.

"Nonsense. Elijah's back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie dust and float away," Klaus responds, making everyone in the room grin.

Upon hearing his name, Elijah enters from the kitchen. "Strange. I don't recall any pixie dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure." He picks up the grimoire once more and flips through it.

"What are you doing with Mother's spellbook?"

Davina's eyes widen in curiosity as she peers over at it.

"Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch, Anastasia, that I would share a few pages from Mother's grimoire that would help her to control her magic. I thought we'd begin with a little unlinking spell."

"Does Esther's grimoire, by any chance, have a spell that could resurrect someone from the dead?"

Elijah glances over at Davina with a slight smile. "You're still determined to bring Kol back to life, I see."

"You know me, Elijah," she replies, giving him a pointed look. "So...?"

"You may look through it, but under the conditions that you will come with me today to go see Anastasia," Elijah proposes.

"What? I'm pretty sure that she doesn't like me," Davina points out.

"You're an experienced and powerful witch who can help her with magic," Elijah states. "It shouldn't matter how she feels about you. In any case, Niklaus will also be joining us."

"Says who," Klaus sighs.

"Do we really need to go down this road? You've got no choice in the matter. Come, now. Rebekah, you stay here and watch Hayley." Elijah then leaves the house.